A new friend!

(The character that will be introduced in this chapter is an OC made by the lovely Deltadaisy for her book "Sincere affection" Please do go give it a read!)

"So, todays going to be... hectic." I say as Izuku and I walk to school. "With what happened yesterday after school, inside and out, Katsuki is bound to be a bit more... volatile than usual."

"I suppose so..." Izuku says sadly, "I'm not sure there's anything I can do about it." Hero mode is kicking in again...

"You don't have to do anything, I'm a big girl, I can semi-handle myself!" I say confidently with a smile, Hero on the other hand just looks more concerned. "That was some American-style humor there... I need to cut back on it don't I? I'm not funny over here..."

"You're fine! Maybe I should look into the humor of your time to try and understand it." Izuku says, although he sounds like he's signing up to do an impossible task. Sarcasm and self-deprecating humor isn't common in Japan, so I doubt he'll ever find it funny, but I hope he'll be able to understand it's supposed to be a joke.

I spot something out of the corner of my eye, a dark-brown haired kid with a blindfold wearing the school's uniform. It must be the nice kid from yesterday! Or just another kid that matches his description, which although plausible is highly unlikely.

"Hey! You! The brown haired blindfold person!" I say running up to him.

"Hi?" He says turning around to face me.

"You're the nice person from my class that didn't make fun of my brother, right? I sit right next to you!" I say excitedly, "Or am I talking to the wrong person?"

"Would you mind saying names or...?" The kid says smiling slightly as he motions to his blind fold. Oh, right, he probably can't see with that thing on... why does he even wear it in the first place?

"Oh, right! Sorry! I suppose we'd both technically be Midoriya? That's an odd thought... mostly because it doesn't register that's my last name, but I introduced myself as Kamody, which is my nickname." I say as my brother catches up to us.

"Kamody! You can't just go running up to people you don't know like that!" He says, "This isn't America, most people will be really nervous if you do!"

"Oh, uh, am I making you uncomfortable?" I say softly, dawn it! I really need to think things through more! Back in America somehow to coax some people into a conversation if I'm with them one on one, but I'm not sure if I'm still blessed with said ability over here. Most folks over here are inherently introverted in comparison to American introverts,

"No, not at all, I was just a bit confused is all, no need to worry." He says.

"Phew! Now that that's out of the way, was that you?" I say happily. I probably just got lucky this time.

"Yes, that was me. My name's Fin, nice to meet you!" He says extending his hand. I go in for a hand shake, hoping that that's the response he wanted.

"Can my brother and I be your friends? You're the only person who didn't make fun of Izuku other than myself." I say after I let go of his hand.

"Sure! I see no problems with that!" He says happily, "We should probably start walking to school though." Oh right, school is a thing and a place we are going to today.

"Yah, let's be off!" I say motioning with my head for Hero to follow along as we start moving.

"So, who's your favorite hero?" Izuku asks. That question has some serious 'Do you have any pets?' energy except I can see how folks might get offended by the question, Ahem, Kota, or it could just be my brother being his hero fan-boy self.