On the way to friendship

(Katsuki's going to be a BIT OOC this chapter. I didn't intend for it to end up this way, it just kinda happened. I apologize for my blatantly obvious lack of writing experience. Also thanks for almost 450 reads!)

"I'd like to thank you again for agreeing to walk me home," The girl begins sheepishly, "because to be perfectly honest, I have no how to get home."

Katsuki looks at her with a blank stare and asks, "How the ---- does that happen?" It doesn't make any sense to him, even though they are a decent way aways from her apartment complex, it isn't all that hard to get there.

"I just moved here eight days ago and haven't had a chance to explore the neighborhood before today." (Y/N) says, clearly embarrassed. Katsuki feels her hand become slightly clammy as she rubs the back of her neck with the hand she isn't holding on to his with. She's nervous, he realises, why is she? Katsuki decides to ask her some more questions.

"What would have happened if I didn't agree to walk you home?" Katsuki glares, his bright red eyes to the girl feel as though they pierce straight through her very soul. Things aren't adding up in Katsuki's head about this girl. Eight days, whilst not being very long, is still enough time to explore the area. Her tears looked genuine enough, but having life be in your favor for once doesn't sound like the type of thing to break down about.

"I-I'd have to call M-Momma and tell her-er I lied," (Y/N) stammers as she wipes her free hand on her pants. Katsuki's sudden, yet obvious distrust frightens her, she knows what he's capable of and if he leaves her alone, she would have to call Momma. "and that wouldn't bode well for me."

"What's the ---- is that supposed to mean?" Katsuki asks, his gaze softening as his thoughts of suspicion switch to ones of concern. The girl did say the family that took her in are kind and that the mother took extra precautions so the girl wouldn't hurt, or worse kill herself whilst she is in her care, but perhaps she threatened her with some cruel punishment for misbehavior. (Y/N) looks absolutely terrified.

The girl closes her eyes, trusting Katsuki will continue leading her in the right direction, and takes a few deep breaths in an attempt to steady her breath and calm herself down. "Today was the very first time Momma has let me out in the real world by myself," She begins to say slowly and deliberately, "she is a very kind woman, but she worries too much. I understand her reasoning for not letting me out of her sight for the first week I was in her care, I mean I did try to kill myself a few days prior to her adopting me, but going out on walks alone is how I clear my mind. If I told her I lied, she'd want to know the full story and if I told her that..." (Y/N) trails off, shaking her head.

"Life hasn't treated me kindly in the past, me coming to japan was a pure accident, I was hit by a quirk and ended up here at the exact moment I tried to end it for the second time. That was my one lucky break." She says solemnly, "If she knew the events that transpired today she wouldn't trust the world enough to let me out of the house unless I was walking to or from school with Hero, her son and my adoptive brother, but even then."

"Are you saying she doesn't trust her son with your safety?" Katsuki asks, concerned. She looks rather fragile to him, but he might be biased considering how easily she shattered when they first met. Even if she possesses a strong quirk her mind is so weak, he doesn't think she has it in her to fight.

"Well, he's not the strongest person, he's a bit more on the shy side, smart and a huge nerd." The girl says, "I don't know how things are around here, but where I'm from that means it's almost a guarantee that you're picked on."

"What school are you going to attend and what year?" Katsuki asks her.

The girl looks at him confused before saying, "Aldera Middle school, third year."

"Stick with me and no one will mess with you." He says. She looks at him confused so he elaborates, "I'm very well respected and admired for my quirk, so no-one messes with me or the ones I hang around most often and if they tried, they'd have another thing coming."

"What is your quirk?" The girl asks, cocking her head to the side in a inquisitive manor. Katsuki moves his free hand in front of her and ignites some of the sweat on it, causing sparks to fly from his hand. The girl lets out a gasp as her face lights up upon seeing the miniature explosion, she then curiously pokes the palm of his hand with her free hand. She looks at Katsuki face then back at his hand a few times before looking at his face with a look of awe.

Katsuki smiles slightly, he is used to drowning in praise of his peers and teachers about the strength of his quirk but something about her reaction makes him feel extra special. The explosion he set off wasn't all that big and yet she found it rather impressive.

"Well this is my stop," The girl says, "would you mind if we traded phone numbers?"

"No, I wouldn't mind at all." Katsuki replys.

The two swap numbers and (Y/N) asks, "Do you think we'd be able to meet up again Wednesday? I had fun talking to you and would like to hang out again soon." Katsuki agrees to her plan and says they can text each other about specifics tomorrow. (Y/N) leans over, gives him a peck on the cheek, and says "Tue sie bell." before dashing inside the complex.

His hand slowly reaches up to touch the spot her lips were moments ago as a faint blush blooms across his face. He's fairly certain in America kisses on the cheek and forehead can be purely platonic, but this is Japan, that's not how things work around here. He stares up at the complex in bewilderment, confused as to what just happened, before walking home.