Izuku's home

The door creaks open and Izuku walks through the door. "Hi Hero!" I say. Izuku looks at me surprised.

"Kamody?" Izuku says surprised as if he didn't expect me to be here. Did Momma Midoriya not tell him she was taking me in? If she didn't, why wouldn't she? Did she tell Mr. Midoriya she was taking me in? Was taking me in just an impulse decision? Did she just hear I didn't exist and needed somewhere to go and just take me in like that? Did she think about the consequences when she said she'd take me in?

The thought swirling through my head starts to make my head hurt. I clutch my jacket around me even tighter as I start to shake, I know at this point I'm crying. I'm weak, I'm so weak. I'm not supposed to exist in this world, I know that. I was never supposed to meet them, I was never meant to be on the receiving end of their kindness. I was never meant to have any kindness shown to me, I'm supposed to be dead. I can't see my wings.

I feel something wrap around me, snapping me from my unresponsive state. I realize Izuku has pulled me into a hug and started petting my head. "It's ok, it's ok. You're alright, everything is ok. Mom and I will keep you safe from whatever monsters that lurk in your mind, we won't let them hurt you, I won't let them hurt you." He says. I slowly let go of my jacket and grab on to him.

"Did you not know I was going to be here?" I say, oh I feel so stupid, this is the second time I have cried in front of him and the second time he's comforted me. Isn't this the same thing I cried about last time? I can't see my wings.

"I knew mom would be taking you in, I just didn't expect for you to be here today." Izuku says. He feels guilty, I realize, he shouldn't. He didn't do anything wrong, I'm just being overly sensitive. "Mom told me right after I left your room, she also told my dad she'd be taking you in after we got home."

"So taking me in was just an impulse decision? Like when you're at the store and you see something you like so you just shove in the basket, buy it and bring it then it just sits there collecting dust until you throw it away?" I sob, I wish I didn't ask the question, I don't want an answer to it. Maybe that's all I am, just something you didn't really want to keep. I can't see my wings.

"No! It's nothing like that! I thought it over for a while and I decided I really and truly wanted to take you in, and I still want to have you here." Momma Midorya says. "If I were in your situation I'd be overwhelmed, I won't remind you of your situation. I feel that would only make you feel worse. Butterfly, look at me." She says and I slowly turn my head to face her, afraid of what her expression might be. Compassion, patience, understanding, and hope light up her face. She cares about me, even though I feel like she shouldn't, she cares and nothing is going to stop her from helping me. "You are beautiful and we are somehow, some way going to show you your wings, no matter how long it takes."

Tears start to fall down my face again, but this time it's ok. Tears of joy. "Thank you so, so very much. You two are my heroes." I say as I let go of Izuku and wipe away my tears with my jacket's sleeves.

"No problem, Butterfly. Izuku? Why don't you show her your room after you get changed out of your uniform and help her learn more about quirks and heroes?" Momma Midoriya asks Izuku. I turn to face him and low and behold he's smiling up a storm.

"Ok!" He says excitedly before quickly walking back to the door, taking off his shoes and pulling on a pair of black slippers. Oh, right. That's a thing you're expected to do in Japan and I didn't. I feel kinda bad. I can't see my wings.

I try to remember some things about Izuku, more specifically information about him that is relevant to this point in time.

"What's today's date?" I ask Momma Midoriya, that's the first place I should start. I know it can't be Izuku's third year just yet. Izuku was walking home from school the day he caught me, he wasn't at school the day he visited me in the hospital and he was in school today. If he was in his third year, he'd be training with All might assuming Izuku met him the first day of his third year, which seems like that's the case to me because his teacher was talking about how Izuku's class were third years now and had to think about their future. To me that just screams "It's the first day".

"It's the 16th of March, 2148." Momma Midoriya says, "Izuku has 15 more days of school left this year. You'll be joining him in Aldera Middle school next year."

"When does the school year start?" I ask. If I'm remembering correctly, the japanese school year is quite a bit different than the one in America and other wester countries. Three semesters insead of four, summer vacation being near the beginning of the school, so on and so forth.

"Next school year starts April 12th, I hope you and Izuku make it through the school year ok." Momma Midoriya says shyly. That's right, Izuku is picked on by Katsuki Bakugou, or Kachan as Izuku likes to call him. I wonder if I should try to do anything about it, I'm not a part of this would, anything I do hasn't been accounted for and I might accidentally lead him on the path of villainy. Izuku pops out of his room, now in his everyday wear. I remember it from one of the early episodes, plain white T-shirt, green over thingy, oh I feel like I just gave all of japan the middle finger, and jeans.

"I'm changed now! Come on in!" He cheers.