Out for a walk

(Some background information. You have been at the Midoriya residence for a week. It is now Monday, the 23rd of March and Momma Midoriya has let you out for a walk by yourself. Also as I have hopefully mentioned in the author's note you read at the beginning of the book, (Y/N) doesn't know swear words, so they are crossed out. This might also just be a lame excuse for me not to even type swear words.)

A boy punches the wall in an alleyway to try letting off steam, last week just wasn't his. He pulls his hand back to reveal his now bloodied knuckles, and fueling his fuey. He runs his hand through his spikey blond hair with a prominent grimace forming on his face.

That ---- nerd was so happy all week, smiling bright with a hopeful glint in his eyes and muttering about a friend he has now. The boy can't believe it, that the quirkless loser has a friend, the nerd wasn't alone anymore.

A (H/C) girl walks into the alleyway, confused as to why she entered it in the first place until she sees the boy. She knows who he is, Katsuki Bakugou, and he looks pissed off. Against her better judgment she walks up to him and says, "Hey, are you ok? You seem ticked off about something," She looks at his knuckles, "And talking about it is a much better way to get rid of your emotions than hurting yourself."

He looks at the girl with a confused and and even more enraged look, than says, "What the ---- are you trying to do extra, go kill yourself." The girl's eyes go wide as her breath hitches.

"I already tried that, twice. Thanks for giving an invitation to try again. Third time's the charm, right?" She says. Bakugou looks at her in surprise as she begins to elaborate, "My last attempt was a week ago and since then everything has changed. In the hospital they treated me with kindness, except for that one person but I think the universe didn't want me to be too happy.

I've been taken in by a nice family, not a picture perfect one by any means, but still very kind. The mother took a bunch of precautions to make sure I wouldn't hurt myself but they were all unnecessary, I haven't said a word about that. I'm a dumb American who hasn't the foggiest idea about the customs here and keep messing everything up. I was given a second chance, but I don't deserve it. Maybe it would be best if I did die, at least then I wouldn't be wasting anyone's time."

Tears roll down the girl's cheeks as she tugs her jacket tighter around her, leaving Katsuki to process what just happened. He told a suicidal person to go kill herself.

Katsuki looks at the girl with wide eyes as he tries to figure out what he is supposed to do when the girl whispers under her breath, "I need a hug." He looks around grimacing slightly before sighing. Katsuki isn't one for showing physical affection, or any kind of affection for that matter, but considering it's his best bet to try and remedy the potentially deadly situation he created, he reluctantly walks over to the girl to give her a hug.

As soon as he starts to move his arms around her the girl quickly lets go of her jacket and wraps her arms around Katsuki, burrowing her face into his chest. Katsuki's whole body stiffens at her action before he awkwardly wraps his arms around the girl's shoulders, hoping he isn't going about the whole "Giving a hug" thing wrong.

Katsuki feels like he's supposed to say something, so he tries to find some words to comfort the sobbing girl before giving up and winging it.

He awkwardly looks away from the girl and says, "I didn't mean what I said about killing yourself, that's just something I say to get people to leave me alone. It works a lot better than telling them to "Go away"." He looks at the girl and sees his words have done nothing to console her.

"---- it." Katsuki says, "Look, you deserve the good things that are happening to you. I don't know you, but just the fact you tried to try calming me down proves that your kind, a ----ing idiot for approaching someone mad enough to punch a ----ing wall, but kind."

The girl chuckles slightly, surprising Katsuki, before taking a few deep breaths to try to calm herself down.

After a few minutes the girl's hysterical sobs are nothing more than a sniffle and slowly removes her arms from around Katsuki. He quickly removes his arms from around the girl's shoulders and takes a few steps back. The girl wipes the last of her tears on her jacket sleeve and says, "I'm sorry-"

"It's fine." Katsuki cuts off the girl's apology and looks like he's about to say more, but is cut off by a phone ringing.

"One sec." The girl says as she pulls out her phone, she takes a deep breath in hopes that it will help her not sound like she had just been crying before answering the call. "Hello?" She says.

Katsuki can hear a voice from the phone, but can't make out any words from the person the girl is talking to.

"Sorry Momma! I know I said I'd be back by the time Hero was home from school, but I made a friend and lost track of time." She says, before waiting for the other person's response.

"No, you don't need to come pick me up, my friend offered to walk me home." The girl lies.

"I wha-" Katsuki begins before the girl cuts him off by holding her finger to her lips and narrowing her eyes.

"No, he won't be able to come in, he has just enough time to walk me home and get back to his house before his mom starts to get worried." She replies. "I'll see you when I get home, Tu sei bella." The girl then hangs up the phone.

"Why the ---- did you tell whoever was on the other side of the phone I'd walk you home!" Katsuki asks the girl.

"You seem like a nice person." She says and Katsuki looks at her like she's gone mad. "Um, let me explain. Like you said, you didn't really mean what you said when you told me to off myself. Not only that, you took the time to help calm me down and cheer me up after I, um, fell apart. I don't know you, but just the fact you stuck around to do that proves that you're at least a decent person, albeit a little rough around the edges. I think what you need is a friend, someone to confide in, and I want to be that person."

"You really are an idiot," Katsuki says, shaking his head with a slight smile, "but I don't think I'd mind having you around. What's your name?"

"Kamody," The girl says, sticking her hand out for him to shake. "and you?"

"Katsuki Bakugou." Katsuki says as he shakes her hand, "Now, what's your address?"

The girl tells him her address. "All right, let's get you home." He says as he turns to exit the alleyway and the girl walks next to him and grabs his hand. He glances over at (Y/N), who is beaming up at him, and sighs, deciding to just let her hold his hand as they begin their walk to her house.