Meeting the parents

I knock on the door of the Bakugou residence, Quarter note, Two-Eighths note, Quarter note, Quarter note, Quarter rest, Quarter note, Quarter note, before retracting my hand and readjusting the box of cookies in my arms. I had completely forgotten about Katsuki's dislike for sweets last night when I baked them, well more like I forgot about the whole 'being from another world' thing. I'm not quite sure how you forget something like that, but I have a theory. My brain made me forget I don't belong in this world so I don't constantly feel the wait of the world on my shoulders, a coping mechanism or something like that. The only reason why I remember the 'other world thing' right now is because of Katsuki's house, even though we only saw the exterior for a few seconds it was in there and that seems to be enough to jog my memory. I wonder how that'll affect things...

"Katsuki! I'm here!" I call out after a few minutes and begin knocking the iconic rhythm again but am cut of before the response by the door opening. There before me stands Mitsuki Bakugou in her usual attire.

"Um hello?" I squeak awkwardly as I readjust my hold on the box of cookies, I wasn't at all expecting her to be the one to open the door. "Is this the Bakugou residence?" I ask looking between the address sign on the house and the one Momma wrote on a piece of paper alongside a map and directions, trying to look as unsure as possible so they wouldn't be suspicious.

"Yes, it is! I'm Mitsuki, Katsuki's mother and you must be his friend." She says with a smile.

"Yes Ma'am, that'd be me, my name's Kamody," I say gulping slightly, actually starting to feel a bit uncomfortable with the current situation. I slightly lift the box of cookies in my arms, "I uh, I made some cookies for you guys. I-I know I probably should have asked if you were ok with me bringing some but I wanted to do something nice because you invited me over and Katsuki said you guys didn't have any food allergies and-"

"It's fine, don't worry about it! I'm sure we'll enjoy them." Mitsuki cuts me off, preventing me from digging the hole I've dug myself into any deeper, "Come on in! You can use the white guest slippers." She says stepping aside so I can enter. I quickly do as she has instructed, hoping to escape the awkwardness.

"Katsuki! Your ---------- is here!" The woman hollers up the stairs. There's that word again, the one Katsuki's friends referred to me as and took offence to. I really hope they don't start... too late, they're already fighting. I'm not even going to bother trying to translate what they're saying because I know for a fact that I won't be able to understand half of the words coming out of their mouths and that'll just cause me more anxiety than I already have about the current situation. In the few moments it took me to muster the courage to knock on the door after remembering what the Bakugou household is like I devised a plan that when they inevitably started fighting I'd take that as my cue to leave, but now that's out the window because I just got here and it'd be rude to do so.

I stand around feeling really uncomfortable for a few moments before seeing Katsuki dad, whatshisname, motioning for me to follow him somewhere. He ushers me into what appears to be an office space of some sort and after he enters he closes the door shrouding the room in silence.

"When we renovated my office a few years ago I asked to have the walls sound-proofed. It's the only way I can survive some days." The chill brunet says as he adjusts his glasses, "You seemed rather uncomfortable with the situation, so I decided to pull you in here."

"Thank you Mr.!" I say before adding silently, "You'd think I'd be used to it by now."

"It sounds like you had a rough home life," He says, pulling another chair over to his desk with a teapot and two cups on it. "Wanna talk about it?"

"Honestly, If you're willing to listen, I'd like to, about just a few small things" I say as I move to sit in one of the chairs as he starts to pour the tea. "So um, where to start? Uh, I'll start with my dad, my brother and I didn't interact with him all that much when we were younger, so we didn't know him all that well. He uh, could get scary when he got mad. Or stressed. Or any negative emotion. He'd sometimes punish us physically when we acted up, my brother getting the brunt of it. I'm not sure why, maybe because was older or he had the same mental illnesses he had, being Autism and A.D.H.D?

My mom, uh she was calmer but like was rather avoidant and antisocial. I don't like her all that much. I have no Idea how I turned out an extrovert.

My brother oh god, um he was aggressive and antisocial. He was like my dad but worse. Uh, I do remember us being close somehow. After a while he got more antisocial than aggressive but still, I got used to something that others might think is really sad. Um, that's really all I want to say, but ya. Thanks for listening."

"No problem...?" Katsuki's dad begins taking a sip of his tea.

"Oh, um Kamody, and you are?" I say, finally taking a sip of my tea.

"Masaru." He says before the door opens to reveal Katsuki.

"I'm sorry for starting a fight with my mother, I promise it won't happen again." He says with a scowl, it's very apparent his mom forced him to apologize.

"It's ok!" I say grabbing my cookie box off the desk, "Now is lunch ready?"

"Ya, come on." He says walking out the door.

After the original uh, incident the lunch went off without a hitch, and pretty soon Katsuki began walking me to the door.

"So, um, thanks for having me over." I say repositioning the now empty cookie box in my arms, "It was surprisingly normal."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Katsuki asks. I just give a dismissive shrug. "Anyways, I'll see you at school tomorrow."

"I'll see you then, Tue si bell." I say before giving him a quick peck on the cheek and setting off. Tomorrow is my first day of school, the day I'm sure I'll go to hell. Katsuki vs. Izuku and me caught in the middle of it. Bloody Nora, I'm dead.

(Hey ya'll, this is your last chance to give me input as to if you'd rather me go off of the sub or dub. The differences are slight but are present and I'd like your guy's opinion. Even if you have given your opinion on the matter beforehand, I'd like you to give it again, just in case I've forgotten. I'll also be taking a break from posting for about a week to get an answer as to the sub or dub thing and write the chapter. I hope you guys enjoyed my writing so far! Until next time, Spirit.)