Katsuki at home

(This is a minni chapter in third person following Katsuki Bakugou to set up the next full chapter which will be realised in tandem with this one. Like last time there will be a T.L.D.R at the end if you choose to skip.)

Katsuki opens the door to his house after dropping (Y/N) off where they met up when he spots his mother turning around in a spinny-chair to face the door.

"Katsuki Bakugou, where were you and what were you doing?!" She asks with a stirn glare, arms and legs crossed in the way you'd see movie characters sit when the protagonist is caught sneaking in late at night. "You've been gone all afternoon and didn't tell me! I've tried calling you, twice, rang three times, and went to voicemail."

The pomeranian growls under his breath, he doesn't want to say, not because he's worried he'll be in trouble, but because he's worried his mom will want to do something. "I was doing nothing with no-one." Katsuki says dismissively as he tries to make his way up the stairs to his bedroom.

"Uh huh, and where do you think you're going young man?" Mitsuki asks, quickly standing up out of her chair and grabbing her son's arm. "We were having a conversation and you still didn't answer my question!"

"Shut up old hag!" Katsuki snaps. The 'old hag' doesn't take all too kindly to his rude remark and smacks the back of his head.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?!" Mitsuki asks gruffly, "Now tell me where you were, what you were doing, and who you were with."

Katsuki sighs, "I was showing a friend who recently moved into Musutafu around, they've been here for about a week and didn't have the opportunity to look around until now."

"You have a friend? No scratch that, you have a friend who you are verbally identifying as your friend?" She asks, intrigued by the development. "They must be rather important to you! You said they just moved in right? Did you know them beforehand?"

"No I didn't, I just met them a few days ago and we somehow became friends. I don't understand why we did, it just happened." Katsuki says, dreading his mom asking the question he knows she'll ask.

"Do you have their phone number?" The bigger pomeranian asks. Katsuki sighs and nods his head. "Well, would you mind giving her a call and asking if they're available to come over for a lunch Sunday?" Katsuki growls and grabs his phone, he knows she isn't asking him to call, she is demanding him to do so. She wants to meet the person who has gotten so close to her angry antisocial son in such a short amount of time. To be honest, he doesn't want her to come over, with her being so devastated keeping things from her adopted family which she in a few of her texts described have as 'Kind as they come.', and as being 'The type of people who you'd never feel alone/unsafe with.' he thinks it's safe to say her biological family was't ideal. It might even be why she decided to...

Katsuki begrudgingly dials her number, the phone rings once, twice, and on the third ring someone answers. "Hey Katsuki!" A voice on the other end of the call exclaims, "I didn't expect you to call me again so soon! I mean, I've just gotten home, but I made it back in time! I told Momma I'd be back in time for dinner and she didn't plan to start dinner for another half hour, so yay!"

Katsuki feels the corners of his mouth tug up ever so slightly, "I told you you'd be home in time!" He hears his mom clear her throat and sighs before saying, "My mom wants to know if you'd be available to come over for lunch on Sunday."

The girl on the other end of the phone pauses for a moment and a muffled sound can be heard, "Ok, I just asked my mom and she said I can come over!" (Y/N) says, "As long as she knows your mom or is able to meet her..." She sighs. "It's the same rule my biological mom had, but at least Momma's a lot better than she is in a lot of ways, er was, uh, is she still alive?... " She trails off. She doesn't know if her biological mother is still alive? Katsuki finds that rather concerning news. "Just forget I said anything!" The girl stammers before saying, "My mom's going to try calling one of her friends to see if she already knows her." The other end of the phone goes silent and Katsuki's mom's phone starts ringing so she walks out of the room to answer it.

"Good news! My mom already knows your mom so that means we can hang out Sunday without any of the parent meeting nonsense." The girl pipes up. "If you want to, that is." She adds awkwardly, "Wait, do you even want me to come over? Like, sure sure, your mom wants me to come over, and my mom's granted me permission to do so, but if you don't want me to I'm not going to go. You're my friend and I care about you and your wishes more than your mothers'."

Katsuki goes silent for a few moments, he doesn't really want her to come but she sounds so excited and he doesn't want his mom to yell at him. "Ya, I'm fine with that."

"All right!" (Y/N) cheers, "I'll see you Sunday! Tu sei bell!" And then she hangs up the phone.

(T.L.D.R. Katsuki's mom forces Katsuki to call you so they can set up a lunch on Sunday.)