Part 1

You woke up in bed, on the first day of school, your first day as a substitute teacher. Granted you doubted that you would be getting a position today, since it was the first day, but you were ready to fill in for anyone.

You crawled across your bed and grabbed your phone. Clicking off the alarm that was blaring from your phone, as you checked your email. Jumping up when you saw that one of the schools had emailed you to come in today.

You got up out of bed, as you grabbed your robe that was hanging off a chair and put it on, as you walked into your tiny kitchen to start making coffee, as you turned on the television, and made yourself a quick breakfast of cheerios, as you sat down on the couch, as you surfed through your social media, liking photos.

As you scrolled through your instagram feed, you saw that someone posted a photo of Paul Stanley, the frontman of the band KISS, as you caught yourself involuntarily smiling at the photo as you liked the photo.

The coffee maker started to percolate as you ate your bowl of cheerios, before you went to drop the bowl into the sink, and pulled a cup from the cupboard, as you poured yourself a cup of coffee, as you switched on a playlist of songs.

You walked into the bathroom and put the cup of coffee on the sink counter as you stripped off your clothes as you started singing to "Detroit Rock City" as you turned the volume up on the phone, as you turned on the water in the shower and slipped in, washing the grime off of you, as you started to put shampoo into your hair.

---

Paul woke up abruptly from his sleep, as he was shaken from sleep, as he opened his eyes and saw his young son, Evan pulling his arm.

"Daddy why are you asleep? School starts at 8:45?" Evan asked as Paul looked at his 6 years old concerned face, as he looked at the clock that read 8 o' clock.

"Crap! I thought i set the alarm last night!" Paul said as he got up and picked up Evan as he really looked at him this time.

"You're already dressed." Paul said as Evan looked at him with a smile.

"I wanted to get ready, so I'm not late for my first day of 1st grade." Evan said proudly, as Paul set him down.

"Go watch some cartoons, while i get ready, and get your lunch ready." Paul said as he pushed Evan into the direction of the door, as Evan got the hint and ran out of the room, and down towards the living room, as Paul sprinted to the bathroom to take a quick shower.

--

"Hey Y/N, why are you here?" the teacher, Julie, that you had shadowed the previous year during the credential program asked, as she poured herself a cup of coffee, as she went to sit down at one of the tables in the teachers' lounge.

"I got an email to come in and sub for someone." You answered, as you went to put your lunch in the fridge, as you went to sit down next to her.

"Funny, whose class is it?" Julie asked as she took a sip of her coffee, as you pulled up the email from your phone.

"Greg's class." You answered to a roll of your eyes, as you finally recognized the last name of the name of the man you were filling in for.

"I bet you he's out of the first day cause he had a few too many." Julie said as you laughed lightly.

"Oh i wouldn't doubt that." You replied, as you both shared a laugh.

"Your filling in for Greg?" Another teacher, Rob, asked as he came up to sit at their table.

"Yeah." You answered hesitantly, as you played with the sleeve on your button-down shirt.

"I saw some of the class lists for this year, Paul Stanley's son is in Greg's class." Rob said with a smile on his face.

"Wait, Paul Stanley, as in KISS, has a son that is going to this school?" You asked, as you saw Julie giving you an intrigued look at your response.

"Yeah, so what's it to you?" Julie asked with a small smile on her face, as she elbowed you in the side.

"What?" Rob asked, not understanding.

"Oh, she's like, the biggest fan of KISS ever. Last year when she was shadowing me, she wouldn't stop talking about the band." Julie said with a smile, as you rolled your eyes.

"Ok, you're making me sound like a crazy person. I just like their music." You replied, feeling your face get hot.

"Ok, you just like the music." Julie answered sarcastically.

Suddenly, your very interesting day, went straight to exciting with the possibility of running into Paul Stanley.

--

"I promise that I'll set my alarm for tomorrow morning, so this won't happen again." Paul said as he looked back in the rearview mirror at Evan, who looked nervous.

"I don't want to be late on the first day, daddy." Evan replied, as Paul sighed, as he looked down at the clock in the car and saw that the clock read 8:30am

"We'll get there in time buddy, don't worry." Paul said reassuringly, as he punched his foot into the gas pedal once the signal that they were stopped at turned green.

--

"Alright, come on everyone, come on in." You said as you opened the door, as the students came pouring in from the playground.

You closed the door once the last kid came into the room, as they were all looking for where their assigned seat was, as you went to put your phone in the desk.

As you looked at the classroom, you saw that everyone had found their seat, but noticed at Evan's was empty, but shook off the thought, as you started passing out an assignment for the class to work on, as you called up to the front office to see if they got a call that Evan would be absent today.

"Hey, I'm substituting for Greg today, and I'm just calling to check to see if an Evan Stanley was called in as being absent today." You said over the phone, as you looked out at the other side of the classroom, where the sliding glass door was, and smiled to yourself, as you saw none other than Paul Stanley walking quickly, as he held onto his son's hand, as he was looking for Evan's classroom.

"You know what, nevermind about that, Evan just showed up." You said, as you hung up the phone, as you walked around the classroom checking on the students' work.

The door to the classroom opened, as Evan walked in and went right to the unoccupied chair, as he started talking with other kids in the class, as you noticed Paul still standing outside the room, and still holding the door open with a smile on his face, as you walked up.

"I was just calling the office to check to see if he was going to be absent from class today." You said, as you looked up at Paul, and felt the nerves rushing in, as you felt your face get hot again.

"Sorry about that, I forgot to set the alarm. But i take it you aren't Mr. Crews?" Paul asked rhetorically, as he smiled at you, and you felt yourself smiling involuntarily, as you watched as he looked you up and down, and you breathed a sigh of relief that you had put out clothes last night to wear, and they were appropriate work clothes, but showed off your curves.

You caught yourself checking him out as well, as you took in his all black attire, from his black v-neck t-shirt, to the almost skin-tight black pants, and black shoes.

You stopped yourself before you started drooling outwardly, as your eyes landed back on Paul's face, and you saw that he had noticed you checking him out, as his head was tilted to the side.

"Well I won't keep you, but I have to say I really hope that Mr. Crews is out sick more if the substitutes are as cute as you." Paul said as he smiled one last time, before he put on his sunglasses and walked away from the classroom, as you closed the door, and took a few breaths before going back to check the kids work as a thought went over you.

He's coming back this afternoon to pick up Evan. He's going to be the death of me.