Part 18

"You scared me, I thought you left." Paul said, as he stopped smiling, as the figure turns around and treaded water, as Paul looked down and it was a woman that looked almost like you, smiling back up at him.

"Thought you wouldn't see me again did you Paul?" she asked, as she tilted her head to the side, smiling wider and wider at him.

Paul stepped back in surprise.

"Carman." he said, as he didn't try and take his face off of her, not knowing what she would do.

"So nice to finally see you after all this time Paul. What's it been?" Carman, said, as she went to the side of the pool, and lifted herself up, as Paul moved quickly back away from her.

Carman laughed, as she stood to her full height, laughing still, as she tilted her head at him.

"Thought I was y/n? No wonder you fell for her. But was she as good as me in bed?" Carman asked, as Paul tried to step back, not abruptly enough for her to notice, as he tried to come up with a plan, as the wheels in his head started turning.

"Awe she hasn't fallen for your charms yet? Or you haven't been man enough to take what you want from her yet?" Carman asked, her head tilted in thought.

"You know I could call the police, you aren't suppose to be anywhere around me or the rest of the band." Paul said, as he noticed that seemed to get her attention.

"Restraining order, you realize that that wouldn't keep me from you?" She said, rhetorically, as she stepped closer, as Paul tried to keep his head level, to make sure it didn't look like he was looking at anything lower than her head, despite the fact that she had been wearing all white, which was now translucent due to the time in the water. So he could see everything.

"You think y/n knows that I look like her? That I'm the reason why you were drawn to her in the first place?" Carman kept on saying, all the while, stepping closer and closer to him.

"y/n isn't like you." Paul said, as Carman narrowed her eyes at him.

"Guess not, she doesn't take what she wants like I do." Carman said, as Paul moves back again, as he takes a breathe.

Just a couple more steps. He thought, as he backed up and she stepped right up to him, as she smiled a twisted smile.

"I was so disheartened about the last time we met. What was that girl's name?" Carman said, as Paul's eyes narrowed.

Can't let her get to me, can't stop moving. Paul thought, as he sighed, just as his foot reached the threshold to the open sliding door as he smiled before taking that last step.

"That was my wife, you crazy bitch!" he shouted as he went to close the sliding door and lock it, as he went to run to the second story of the house, as Carman rolled her eyes and smashed the glass with her hand, and unlocked the sliding glass door.

---

You felt around the trunk to find something, anything to get you out of the back without Andrew noticing. Once again, your hand came into contact with the spare tire. And then you went further with your hand against the trunk and found something that seemed to be a latch, and pulled on it in both directions in hope that it would move.

You pressed it down and there was an audible click, and the trunk snapped open.

You couldn't take your chances so you slide it open just enough and slipped out of it, as the car was moving.

You rolled against the pavement, feeling it cut into you.

You couldn't let that get to you.

You knew you only had a few moments before he would notice.

You opened your eyes, and struggled to get up. You stood uneasily for a second, and noticed that it was nighttime.

Good, better odds of you being able to hide. You thought, as you quickly made it over to the side of the road shrouding yourself in the darkness, to walk in the opposite direction that Andrew had been taking you.

As you walked you felt around you, as smiled as you felt your phone in your pocket. Somehow in the struggle of everything it was still in your pants pocket this entire time.

You dug it out, hoping that it wasn't crushed and you could still make calls from it.

You squinted in the darkness and clicked it on and saw the home screen.

Oh thank god! You thought, as you went into your contacts list and pressed Paul's number.