Part 3

You sat in the teachers' lounge, looking back at Julie with a sense of satisfaction at her surprised expression at your admission.

"You stayed over? What else happened?" Julie said completely on the edge of her seat, as you shrugged your shoulders.

"I stayed over until sunday, i slept in a guest room. And we talked." you said simply, not wanting to give any of the details away, as your phone buzzed, as you looked at it and sighed, as you clicked on the 'Do Not Disturb' mode, as you shook your head, as your mood went from smug to feeling like you had a pit in your stomach.

"What?" Julie asked, as she saw your eyes glaze over, as you went to stand up, as she grabbed your arm softly.

"What's wrong?" she asked

"It's just my boyfriend." You say in a dismissive tone.

"What did he text you?" Julie asked, as you tried to protest, as she grabbed your phone and saw the text that he had sent you a minute ago, as your phone buzzes again, with another text from him.

Where are you? You didn't text me back. The text read.

"It's nothing. He just wants to know where I am, since i wasn't at my apartment this weekend." You explain.

"Is he always like this?" Julie asks.

"Not really." you reply, as you take your phone from her hand, as the bell rang.

"I have to go, before the kids get to the classroom, I promise I'll tell you all the details about the weekend during lunch ok?" You promise, trying to change the topic, before you walk out of the teachers' lounge.

--

You sigh as the bell for lunch rings, as all the students run out of the classroom.

I already know the interrogation is going to begin as soon as I walk into that teachers' lounge. You think, as you walk down the hallway.

As soon as you open the door, you hear shouting in the teachers' lounge.

"Where is she? Where is Y/N? I need to speak with her?" You hear his voice and immediately going into panic-mode.

He's here, at your work. You think, as you walk into the teachers' lounge and see him, sticking out since he's the only one wearing a suit, as he's arguing with one of your colleagues as he turns around and locks eyes with you, as his expression darkens, as he walks out of the teachers' lounge, past you as he grabs your arm.

"Why didn't you text me back? You weren't at your apartment the whole weekend." he says, as your heartbeat accelerates.

He's at my work. The only place that i felt like myself. You think.

"Y/N? Y/N? Answer me! Where were you over the weekend, huh?" he asks as he's snapping his fingers in front of your face.

"I tripped on friday, and sprained my ankle. I couldn't walk, so a student's parent took me to their house until i could walk." You explain, as his eyes narrowed.

"Uh huh." he said, not believing you.

"I knew i couldn't leave you alone. I go away for a conference, and you fool around behind my back." he says, as you flinch, as he grabs for your arm again.

You try and pry his hand off your arm, as he starts walking, practically dragging you behind him, as he starts walking back to the front of the school.

"Y/N?" you hear behind, you as you look behind you and see Julie trying to catch up with you, as he opens the passenger door, and puts you in the car, as you watch as Julie starts running towards the car, as he drives away with you, as the child-proof lock click on, as you slump back into the car, thinking about the weekend, and how you didn't think this would have happened.