Chapter Eight- Acquainting

The darkness doesn't lie....

The boy seemed to stare at Orochimaru longer than he looked at anyone else in the room, his purple ringed eyes widening ever so slightly with the threat of his smile growing wider. He seemed to laugh silently at a joke that only he knew, unnerving those present ever so slightly at his odd behaviour. He removed his eyes from studying the figures, focusing them on the figure at the head of the table with a head tilt. He stared at the man who had wanted him brought here, his stare imploring him- challenging him to make this meeting last any longer than it currently has.

For he was bored. And that just wouldn't do.

It wouldn't do at all.

——————————————————————————————————————

The time seemed to drag by as the tension rose, everyone on guard as they waited for someone to speak. No sound was made as the waiting continued for an eternity as the two rinnegan owners seemed to communicate without use of words, before the long awaited voice of Pein sounded:

"Dismissed."

The people slowly began to diverge, leaving one by one to do whatever they wanted until only the boy, Pein and the blue- haired woman remained. He gestured to Konan slightly with one hand, his eyes glancing at her as he told them:

"Konan will show you around."

She nodded, her amber eyes going over to look at the boy who sat there smiling, his gaze disconcerting in a way she couldn't quite place. The boy stood, making his way to follow her soundlessly as she began to walk, her mind set on one thing.

This boy was not normal.

And she was right.

Only, she underestimated the meaning of that fact. They all did.

—————————————————————————————————-

They walked silently, Konan silently observing him from the corner of her eye as she led him through the base, whilst Shou merely smiled, his eyes darting around rapidly as he memorised everything they passed. He found the watchful gaze she kept on him amusing, because it showed that she was suspicious of him. Though, it was rather unecessary.

After all, he's hardly going to try and kill them all.

Isn't he?

———————————————————————————————————

They approached a room at the end of the corridor, the door an ebony colour, drawing to a halt in front of it. She reached out, her hand grasping the handle and pushing it open, the door making a slight creaking sound as it opened out into a room. It was rather sparce, little decorating it with a bed, a chair, a chest of drawers and a bathroom. The walls were a grey colour and there was no windows present. On the bed was the strange cloak that they all wore, causing Shou to laugh slightly. The woman stood by the door as he walked in, his eyes trained on her in silent question. to which she replied:

"This bedroom is yours. Every member should paint their nails and wear the cloak when leaving the base. Pein-sama will notify you when you are needed."

And with that, she walked away, the door shutting with a click behind her as he continued to stare, his smile taking on a slight sinister glint to it, hidden beneath the innocence he had plastered on.

Ah, it was too amusing.

They completely misunderstood. The fools.

———————————————————————————————————-

Shou was bewildered as he entered the bathroom. He had never seen anything so.... clean. He had absolutely no idea as to what that thing that bore a resemblenece to a metal snake was, as he approached it, only to flinch slightly as the water spurted out of it. He stared in fascination as he realised that this what he heard people refer to as a shower. He removed his ragged clothing, stepping into and watching in amazement as the water washed over his body, cleaning away the dirt from his body and hair. But, he frowned slightly as he saw the blood being washed away with it, his tongue clicking in annoyance at the loss.

Such a waste. He will have to replenish it soon.

—————————————————————————————————————-

Some time later, Shou stepped from the shower, his white hair clean, the colour visible for the first time in a very long time. The blood and dirt was cleared from his face and his clothes were clean. For the first time, he was not caked in some kind of grime.

And it felt odd. Uncomfortable.

He was not used to it. And he didn't like that.

——————————————————————————————————————-

The boy smiled as he sat curled up in the corner of the room, darkness submerging everything as he stared at a little bottle in his hand, delight flowing as he marvelled at it's contents.

It was so beautiful. And nothing would ever take it from him.

He was at home in the darkness, comfort drawn from that little bottle- his lifeline.

And he loved it.

....it just hides the lies within it.

-—————————————————————————————————————

There~ The character development will begin soon~ Very soon~