Chapter Five- Travelling

Layer after layer of lies.

The three travelled towards the base of the Akatsuki at a fairly fast pace, two driven by a desire to complete the mission, the third merely trailing after them, face frozen in a smile as he felt a slight irritating itch for blood that grew every passing moment. The two of them emit the aura death like a cloak, filling the air like killing was a daily occurance in their lives.

And it was exhilerating.

The smell of death was too inviting, it made him excited. It aroused his bloodlust. He needed more blood.

He needed it. And nothing would stop him from getting it.

——————————————————————————————————————

The trio came to a stop in a small village at night fall, searching for a cheap inn to spend the night. Kakuzu soon found one cheap enough, purchasing a room for them. Kisame let out a slight sigh of relief, whilst the boy merely tilted his head to the side, an unreadable smile on his face as his eyes shone with emotions they couldn't decipher.

Blood. So much blood going to waste.

It must be spilled.

It must. And nothing shall stop that.

—————————————————————————————————————————-

The boy sat in front of the window his head on his hands as he watched something through it- something that the two criminals with him couldn't figure out. He hummed slightly, his head tilting from side to side as two pairs of narrowed eyes watched him, as though expecting him to try and run. His voice snapped through the silence like a knife, surprising them:

"Is this village important?"

The two stared, trying to figure out what he was asking by it before Kakuzu replied:

"No."

He 'hmm'-ed before returning to his observing as though it had never happened, leaving the two rather bewildered. They didn't realise what he was asking. They didn't realise the reason why he was watching out of the window, eyes trained on the people swarming below.

They didn't realise. No-one did.

Not until it was too late, anyway.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Kisame's eyes snapped open as the smell of blood filled the air in an overpowering mass that attacked his senses. His hand reached for the samehada out of instinct, whilst Kakuzu's eyes glanced around, fully alert to possible attack. They both tensed at the realisation that the boy wasn't there.

He wasn't in the room. Had he ran?

The sound of a scream caused them to move to near the window, so they could see out of it without being a visible target.

The sight that met their eyes shocked them.

No-one had expected it.

——————————————————————————————————————

Amongst a sea of blood soaked corpses, stood the boy, his hand wrapped around the throat of a male twice his size, slowly squeezing the life from him, a joyful smile filling his face as he laughed at the pathetic struggling of the dying man in his hand. The mans eyes bulged as his hand tightened, his neck crushed beneath the force, blood flowing forth with remnants of bone, muscle and flesh in a wonderful image of death that was perfection to the boys eyes as he spun around gleefully, his eyes taking in the blood- painted devestation he had caused.

He had needed it. Oh, how he had needed it.

———————————————————————————————————————

The two watched with narrowed eyes as the blood covered boy re-entered the room, his demeanour innocent and relaxed as his purple eyes flickered over the two standing there, head tilting to the side in a silent question. The two stared at him in slight confusion as to why he had done it, before one of them finally asked:

"Why did you destroy the village?"

His smile merely sidened slightly as though amused, his voice pleasant as he stated:

"Why not?"

They stared as he moved to sit down in a corner, blood spreading out in a trail as he moved, before they sighed and moved to their own respective sleeping places, deciding that it didn't matter.

After all, they were hardly any better.

———————————————————————————————————————

They continued to travel, an underlying, almost unnoticeable tension filling the air. The two kept a wary eye on the boy, as though afraid as to what he would do next, whilst the boy merely smiled. At last, they approached the familiar cave gaping at them, drawing nearer to it until the anticipation was practically screaming at them. A smile grew unbeknownst to those who watched.

And every step brought them closer.

Closer to their destination.

Closer to them.

Unaware of the lies all around them.

And he thrives amongst the lies.

——————————————————————————————————————————-

I was going to make this longer, but I felt like this was a good place to end it. I hope you liked it~ Because I did~ I really did~