Chapter Six- Meeting

Life is an act.

They drew closer and closer to the rock face, drawing to a halt as they reached it. They glanced at each other in silent communication, before Kakuzu nodded ever so slightly, the movement barely visible and moved forward, entering the darkness of the cave first. Kisame gestured for the boy to go next, causing the boy to slip into the the void silently. The boy watched in fascination as the darkness swallowed him, revelling in the way the darkness seemed to be impenatrable, a hole in the earth. It was like a door to hell; thick, unfathomable darkness.

It was beautiful. It was familiar

And he loved it.

———————————————————————————————————-

They walked on in the darkness, going down and down for what seemed like forever, whilst Shou vaguely wondered if their destination was hell, until they finally reached the point that they desired, for Kakuzu came to a halt, causing the boy to watch in interest as he lifted his hand. He observed that there was a ring of some description, which then had some of the males aura channeled into it, causing a door to open, through which the masked man then walked through. He stared at it for a moment, excitement bubbling in his blood as he stepped into the unknown.

It was all mysterious.

And he found it exhilerating.

————————————————————————————————————

The boy followed them into what appeared to be a building carved in the rock, eyes scanning over every detail, every shadow, everything. He took it all in, observing it and remembering it as he passed through the area, his eyes alight with excitement and anticipation. He was escorted through room after room, each one interesting to the boy as he observed everything discreetly, unnoticed by the two figures accompanying him.

They didn't see it; didn't comprehend what he was thinking.

And they were fools for it.

——————————————————————————————————

They reached a vast door that seemed to loom over the rest of the area, the wooden door covered with various seals to prevent anything being overheard by unwanted listeners. It was a curiousity to the boy, who was unable to understand what the seals said, a slight glint of irritation flashing through his eyes briefly before it was gone as quickly as it had come.

No-one noticed the boys irritation. No-one saw.

And they never will.

————————————————————————————————————

The masked male moved towards the door, knocking against the hard, wooden surface with an air of silent respect that baffled the boy.

He didn't understand. He didn't understand why people would work under another. Why sacrifice your freedom for following orders? It was a mystery.

One he had no interest in understanding.

A voice holding power and intimidation rang through the door, causing Shou's smile to twitch slightly as the elation grew:

"Send the boy in."

———————————————————————————————————

Rinnegan bore into rinnegan as the two figures stared at eachother, neither moving or making a sound as they studied eachother. The emotionless eyes of one took in the slight smile that seemed to be permanently embeded onto the boys face, a disturbing look in his eyes as he focused on the taller figure. The silence in the air was thick and impermeable, allowing you to feel the slight tension that was present as they seemed to wait for the other to move, as though in a contest. Time crawled by at a pace that was unnaturally slow, as though it had paused at the meeting of these two figures.

It was the meeting of those with rinnegan.

It was the start of something dire.

And nobody realised what it meant.

Nobody.

———————————————————————————————————————-

Finally, the figure with piercings spoke, his eyes studying the boys reactions carefully at his words:

"Join the Akatsuki."

 The boy stared at him for a few moments, his eyes unreadable as he stared at the man in front of him and then he did something no-one expected.

He laughed.

He laughed at them all. He laughed, his eyes wide with mirth as he spoke to the figure, his words cryptic to those who heard it, yet clear as flesh on human bones to him.

"Dye the moon with blood."

And no-one recognised the meaning of his laughter. No-one grasped the meaning behind the glint in his eyes as he exited the room, a ring in hand.

No-one knew.

No-one realised.

No-one understood.

And they were all fools.

And the role of the fool has been overcast in this play.

—————————————————————————————————-

There you go~ I had planned on adding more, but I decided that it would be giving too much information and decided that I would reveal the rest of their meeting in a flashback when appropriate~ I hope you liked it~