Chapter Eleven- Mission

The depths of fear.....

They moved without sound, swiftly weaving through the obstacles of trees, the darkness acting as their cover from prying eyes. They didn't chatter, didn't make unnecessary movement, didn't linger- acting with stealth and caution, so they looked like mere shadows dashing through darkness. They continued endlessly, aiming to cover as much ground as possible before they would have to stop.

But that didn't stop the tension. The silent tension that filled the air around them as they cut through the darkness. It seeped off of them like an odourless gas- you couldn't quite pinpoint it's location, but it was definetly there. The boy smiled at it, aware that the Uchiha was wary of him, resulting in the tension that was surrounding him, trying to intimidate him.

And it was exciting. He loved it.

So the boy simply smiled, silent laughter filling the air as he followed behind them.

——————————————————————————————

Itachi was vigilant, his guard up as he headed a pace behind Kisame, carefully observing the boy that followed behind them. He did not trust the boy. He did not trust him at all. There was something... off about him. The way he always smiled and the slight glint in his eyes that could never be placed, hidden deep beneath layers and layers of lies.

And Itachi wasn't stupid. He new the boy was hiding alot, everybody was. But his secrets seemed to be dangerous- a threat.  But he didn't know what it was. And he didn't like that. He didn't like the fact that it made them vulnerable.

So he could simply keep his guard up, watching the boy for any sign of danger.

He would watch.

But nothing could have prepared him for what he would see.

———————————————————————————————

They came to a halt after several hours, exchanging glances before finding a place to rest in a nearby village that was fairly close to their targeted location. It was a quiet place where no-one would think anything of a trio of criminals passing through. The streets were busy, despite the late time as they slipped silently through the hustle and bustle, avoiding contact with anyone and evetryone. They soon came across an inn in a fairly quiet area, entering it after scanning the area for threats. They purchased a room, the owner terrified of their appearance as they made their way up. Kisame entered first, sitting on a chair in the corner of the room and taking out a kunai which he then began to sharpen. Itachi sat on a nearby chair and took out a book which he then began to read. Shou, however sat by the window, eye's staring out of it with avid interest, confusing Itachi.

What could possibly interest him so much? There hardly seemed to be much in this village to catch his eye...

He did not understand why the boy seemed to be delighted about the village. He didn't understand him at all.

The boy was an enigma.

——————————————————————————————————

Shou stared unblinkingly from the window, his eyes alight with joy as he searched for something, his hand twitching slightly in impatience as he observed the mass of blood just waiting to be spilled. He smiled wider at the numrous fantasies that filled his mind about how to kill them, his hand touching the small bottle in his pouch.

He couldn't wait. He wanted the blood.

He wanted it now.

—————————————————————————————————-

Kisame glanced up, noticing Shou's position by the window and his mouth twitched into a grin as he realised what the boy wanted. His partner seemed confused, not able to empathise due to his lack of interest in killing.

But Kisame understood. He understood the desire to see blood, the thrill killing can give. That is why he knew what the boy was thinking about as he stared out of the window this time. But, unfortunately they couldn't risk him slaughtering this village, for it would attract attention.

So he said:

"Oi, kid. Don't go killing anyone until we reach the mission."

Shou turned around, his eye's imploring as he stared at Kisame pleadingly, earning a chuckle from the older male, as he said:

"But blood...."

Kisame looked thoughtful for a moment, before saying:

"Well, when we reach the mission, you will be able to kill many."

To this Shou's smile grew and he clapped his hands together in childish joy, earning a glance from Itachi that was riddled with underlying confusion and a chuckle from Kisame as he ruffled the excited boys hair before returning to his sharpening of weapons.

For Shou would be able to kill. That alone was a reason for him to rejoice.

....are a fabricated lie.

——————————————————————————————————————————————

Ehehehehehe......... This turned out to be longer than expected because I had planned to write the mission in one chapter, but it turned out to be waaaaaaaaaay too long for that, so I've split it up into a few. And yay! Kisame likes Shou! Let the character development begin!