Chapter Nineteen- A Betrayal

Sometimes the best warnings.....

The room was quiet, eating having finished as everyones attention turned to the orange haired male at the head of the table, waiting whilst the tension grew, forming a cold, heavy atmosphere that hung in the air and filled the silence. The man remained deliberately quiet before speaking, words holding no weigt to Shou who simply smiled, attention upon the white snake that was at his feet, observing him with piercing yellow irises much like those of Orochimaru, who was fixated was upon him from the corner of his eye.

And he found it to be amusing.

Because they thought they were subtle. They thought that their intentions, their aims, their desires remained an enigma to everyone. They thought that no-one knew.

But they were foolish. It was blatantly obvious to see.

Wasn't it?

————————————————————-

Pein left after little occurance, silent dismissal clear as he walked through the towering doors, Konan following shortly after him. And one would think that with the group lacking by two members, the tension would dwindle. It didn't. Instead, it rose to an invisible but ever present fog that surrounded them, shadowing them as they all moved. The dishes were put away and washed by them all, with no little amount of grumbling, before they scattered, each going to do their own thing.

Kakuzu moved towards a corner in the room to count money. He didn't speak to anyone, simply glaring at Hidan when the male attempted to rile his temper before returning to his money. Hidan growled, storming from the room with mutterings about sacrifices and the like. Sasori left the room, pressumably to work on his puppets whilst Itachi also made his exit. Kisame moved over to the coach and proceeded to clean the samehada. Orochimaru made his way over to the door, about to exit like his partner.

Only he didn't make it out the door, as the sound of a naive, childish voice interrupted him:

"Say, say, Snake-san. You are forgetting your friend...."

The inhabitants in the rooms focus came to centre on the boy, despite the fact two of them attemtped to feign disinterest whilst continuing with their activities as Orochimaru slowly turned to face the boy who stood their, everpresent smile in place as he held out the white snake that had been by his feet. The pale man smiled outwardly, mind working in multiple different directions as he took the snake, allowing it to slither up into his sleeve with a simple:

"Thank you, boy."

And Shou smiled, the mockery in his expression unnoticed by them all as he left the room, whispered words unheard.

For they were all deaf to the signals.

They were fools.

————————————————————————

The man tried to enter his room later that night. They attempted to sneak in whilst he was supposedly asleep and attack him.

But they failed. For Shou didn't sleep. And he had known it was going to happen.

So the mans attempts to get past what was preventing him from entering was simply comical to him.

And he laughed as the last sight of the intruder was of narrowed yellow eyes.

It was hilarious.

————————————————————————

The next day Orochimaru and Itachi left on a mission. Shou had been laughing silently to himself as they had left, about what was something no-one could figure out.

Only Itachi returned.

It came as no surprise to Shou when they revealed Orochimaru had betrayed them, attacking Itachi in an attempt to claim his body only to be forced to flee. And whilst the rest fumed, cursed and planned, he simply laughed.

From within the darkness of his room, he laughed, the only thing that filled the silence.

And he once again whispered the warning that they didn't listen to.

"Obssessing over eyes will destroy you one day..."

They didn't listen to the whispers.

And they were fools because of it.

.....are the ones you can't hear.

——————————————————-

There we go! Finally, this thing is moving! Woo~

Also, I'M SO SORRY FOR THE LACK OF UPDATES. I'm just busy with school and everything and I haven't had any time to write so I am so so so so so so sorry!