Chapter 18

After that kiss she went to her room to see him with his shirt off. She blushed and looked away .
"Come in. This is your house". He said. Wearing a shirt .

She smiled then took the  basket and sat down with it. Opening it up she gasped. It was full of baby cloths. Made of fine linen.  Four Green and white gownsl looknd two pyjamas. With white stockings. And fifteen diapers. And a pair of small shoes with ties. She smiled happily. Ll
"So beautiful.". She gasped. And she found  a woolen jacket knitted with red wool. It was beautiful. She was so happy she shed silent tears.

She never thought she'd be this happy. Honestly she was worried about the baby for the coming winter. But it seems he will be alright.
Seeing her like this ,guilt hit him.
If he was rich ,she wouldn't have had to worry about such minimal things. But he shook his mind. He sat besides her and took the clothes ,"They are beautiful." He said. She nodded.
",Why are you crying ?". He asked. Wiping her cheeks.

"Because I am scared. " She said to him. " I am scared he won't make it". She cried finally. She let loose all her frustrations. She sobbed. He cradled her on his lap.

", He will live. He will be fine. Don't worry. "he said. Kissing the top of her head.  She kept shaking her head and crying ,sobs taking through her.

He kept on comforting her till she quiet down to sniffles. And she fell asleep.

He was distressed as he lay her down on the bed and covers her up. He put the clothes aside and went out after a while. He found his grandma walking up an down  with the baby. He took the child ,his eyes red.

",Is she okay?". She asked worriedly.
"She is afraid grandma. I am also afraid. What if he doesn't make it". He said looking at his child. He was now sleeping peacefully in his father's arms.

",God knows his purpose for you and your family. If God wants him back ,we cannot do anything about it. If he has mercy on you ,then not even Yama can take him away."  She placated.

He nodded with a sad sigh.

The shadow went to report.
",You say the child is chronically ill?". Master Ning asked.

The shadow nodded. He sighed ",Butler you must get one of the honory doctors from the Immortal pagoda pavilion to come and pay me a visit." He said.
"And tell me. How is the matter of the landlords ?". He asked.

"Yes master. It has been solved. It will happen in the morning." He said bowing .
Master Ning nodded.
"Okay. I have been here for a few weeks. I must see Ning Xia Gua once before leaving. Get him here tomorrow at any means. But do not harm any of his loved ones. Ask him to meet me". He cautioned.

He couldn't have him hate him even more.

The shadow agreed and disappeared in a puff of smoke.

At night while Li Xining and the baby slept ,he couldn't sleep. He was deeply troubled.

Hearing a deep silence in the night and the lack of sound ,rang louder noises. Danger.

He left his bed. And went outside. Standing in the yard after checking around. His white fluttering in the wind along with his hair.
Looking around then he said ",Come. I know you are here". His face fierce. His voice rigid.
He was chard cold. With one hand behind his back and the other placed poised by his side.

If Li Xining saw him like this ,she'd be shocked. Because he did not look like the forgiving Person who just lets it go that she gave him a green hat ,or that she tried to kill her child. If she knew she would have never belittled him in the slightest.

"Young master. ". The shadow kneld on the ground.
"I am here now. So what is you people want?". He asked turning to the shadow guard on the ground. With no intentions to raise him up.