Chapter 6

He directly pulled up her up and picked her up and placed her on the sofa. Her face was scrunched up as if she were in pain. He was worried.

"Take her to the room, her womb will be cold. Take her to the room quickly". Her grandmother said.

He nodded and hurriedly took her inside. They looked at each other. They did not know what to do.

As he lowered her to the bed then turned to leave, she clutched his sleeve ", Ah Feng's father you won't take the child from me, will you?", she asked.

From the other room they could hear her clearly the house had little to no insulation. They were surprised, she cared for the child. Even a tigress would not eat it's own cubs. Mrs Li and Grandmother Ning looked at Mr Li with gloating as though is it possible for a mother to hate her child.

She continuously sat up and looked at him, as he had a shocked face.

", I am sorry. But do not kick me out of the house. Do not take Ah Feng from me. Please. I know I put his life in danger by running to the wedding, and I am sorry. I would never purposefully try to harm him I promise. Please don't kick me out. "she cried.

When he heard that he was happy, elated but also distressed. He caressed her head. "I had never kicked you out. You wanted to leave by yourself. I have never blamed you for falling, as it was the will of God. I am thankful he took pity in us and saved Ah Feng. As for kicking you out, this your house. "he said softly.

She cried further when she heard him. He was not blaming her.

", Okay stop crying now, you or you will end up sick. Rest a bit." He said.

She shook her head," Where is my baby? I want my baby first." She said stubbornly.

He was helpless ", You rest for a while first then we will bring him. Mother and Father want to play with him for a while. "He said.

They sighed when they heard the conversation. So it was like this, she was crying not for that boy, but for her child to not be taken from her. He left the room after convincing her to sleep.

When he came out and walked towards them, his grandmother hit him with a broom on his back, he hissed ," Grandmother what are you doing ?Why would you hit me?", he whispered.

She pointed her nose up. She usually showed a docile and sort of innocent look to Li Xining, but everyone who knew her better knew she was just tolerating her daughter in law. They never knew why though.

", Grandmother I swear I would never do that. Why would I tell her that when I want her to stay? I dint know why she suddenly started crying. I think she was venting out all her frustrations and cleansing her spirit." He said quietly as he stopped rubbing his aching back.

She knew he was telling the truth. And they all knew, the deal to have the baby then leave was proposed by Li Xining.

", Uh listen, we heard that the Village top couple was here. What did they want?", asked Madam Li.

His face became dark, and not the usual silly expression he showed to Li Xining. He said," They said they wanted compensation for the wedding. But I know better. That Xie Dong is led by the nose. That Lu Mei came to gloat to Ah Xining, that she is pregnant for Xie Dong She called Ah Xining dirty and used. She thought that Li Xining would get angry and curse them, but she did not. She broke all ties with them and took me back inside and ignored all others. I know that, that Lu Mei used my wife all these years to create the image of peerless beauty and lotus flower. She hated Li Xining for being more beautiful and graceful. So, she had Ah Xining ruin her image in the village. But she probably does not know. For what she did today ,Old Madam Xie will never forgive her for it." He said with assurance. They were silenced. They did not know what had happened to her suddenly.