Chapter 36

In the morning after toiling around town Lu Mei regained the status of village flower. Her husband also smiled as he escorted her through town. Though he refused with his mouth for her to buy the paper and brushes , he smiled with pride in his heart. Coming home the cart that belonged to Xie Dong's family was a little faster as it received a new donkey to help with the load.

He helped her down. Her mother in law smiled.

",You worked hard". She said assisting Lu Mei inside. Looking at her stomach a little displeased she ran to town with her grandchild ,but then again she bought her son study materials. So she kept quiet.

"No trouble.  I was just going to see the. Doctor and he said the child is a healthy male and should have no problems bit adviced me to rest. But I couldn't rest when I knew my Xie Dong is going to become a jinshi, he has to get the best of everything." She said with a smile.

"Good, good,good". She spoke if the child being a boy ,then of her rest but did not emphasise it then spoke of her son becoming the number one in the province to the imperial examinations. So she is a skilled woman who does not deserve to live among village simpletons as she is abusing her ability.

Xie Dong was pomposed up ,"Of course. I shall not disappoint mother and my wife. I shall study hard do that my child is born of noble and official birth,but not forsaking his village origins ,praying to the ancestors". He said.

His mother nodded. They both deserved each other. Dog man and woman.

Her other sons and daughters in laws were vexed. Where they bad as they were not rich as Lu Mei.

The husband's comforted their wives. It was always like this. Their mother's favourite was Xie Dong. So despite having five grandsons and two daughters ,she considers Xie Dong's unborn child.

In the Li Xining household , she wore a beautiful silk dress. And held her baby in one hand. She is going to town. Finally after a long confinement.

She looked eagerly to her husband. He nodded tiredly.

They waved bye to the grandmothers and walked towards the village entrance.

Reaching there was master Hu with his cow cart. Usually he would walk to town but not with his wife and child.

The women in the cart saw her child which she had on a sort of baby strap. Actually she made a modern baby carrier with silk ,as it is very strong.  Most people in this era think children aren't supposed to be exposed to the air ,but she feels the air us fresh and clean.  In the future  China had to have masks and air was filtered by conditioners.

So her baby was in a carriers his thick root like white lotus legs outside and his hands in a blue silk also outside. As well as his head and neck. His body was strapped in close to her chest.

His grey eyes and white hair making him appear more mystical than anything. But he looked here and there ,laughing and giggling. His wrists and ankles with gold bangles. And her legs jingles with each movement due to her anklets with little bells on it.

Ning Xia Gua was worried people would comment on the child ,but they said nothing to his relief. Mostly he would hear the rumors. But today no one said a thing. 
Reaching the town , they got down first and left.

",I can't believe they brought that child to town".

"Aren't they afraid of the child being killed today?". They asked hurriedly in hushed whispers.

And intact not only them , in town people cast them weird gazes. They obviously knew Ning Xia Gua the hunter. They knew Li Xining the one who bought clothes the most from all three villages. And what surprised them is the child in a weird strap. He was fat and lovely ,just that his eyes and hair.