Chapter 26

After that confession Master Ning Tian's mother went crazy and smashed her cold palace. She was angry and it was incomprehensible . She was mad 

She will kill Ning Xia Gua  . Master Ming's mother for once waited in the morning for her son. To hear about her grandchild Ning Xia Gua.  And she did with great happiness.

Master Song took his daughter one morning to see his first wife. He looked more relaxed and righteous and less stressed. It seemed loosing his position did not harm as much as everyone thought.  He walked in thee streets and greeting people. His former rentees greeted him as well. But some whispered ,but he let it breeze him by. He had taken to reading the Buddha scriptures and he felt that he had enough wealth to last him a life time. Giving his wives ten taels of silver was to deter them from being greedy.  They don't know he asked guards to deliver his hidden money to him from the house that no one knew he had. His smile turned rosy with that thought. But he had noticed the little girl was pale and pale and pallud he was worried. And he couldn't ask his concubines leat they harm her.
After reaching her mansion the guard on the door knew who he was , he was demoted but he has yet to divorce his lady. The business of the bedroom does not need idle person to be the third wheel.

"Master Song. Are you here to see the madam?". He asked respectfully .

"Okay. You please call her". He said without any arrogance.

The guard saw that and he admitted him to the parlour after a short talk with the housekeeper.

He returned to the gate to guard and the housekeeper gave them both tea and snacks and went to look for the madam in the Ice pavilion. It was called that due to the bridges surrounding it with water all around the pavilion. In winter it was frozen ice and the lady had to move from it in order to survive.

She was sitting on a lounge embroiding a dress for her daughter who was pregnant. She was angry that due to her n her husband's collapse her daughter had taken to use the child to fight for her own standing in her husband's house.

She looked up when her servant Lui Jinhua came in "Madam , pardon this slave. But Master Song is here to see you". She said bowing .

She sneered ",What for ?". She spit.

"I don't know my lady". She kept her head bowed.

"Did he bring those vipers to my mother's house?". She said standing up and throwing away her embroidery in an angry puff. 
"No my lady. He only brought the young girl. " She said still bowed.

She sighed a bit. Afterall she did raise the girl as her mother was her maid and she died during birth. Though she felt betrayed she couldn't put that on a child's head.  She sighed and said ",Let's go". She fixed her hair and held her head up high after a deep breath in.

She nodded.

Reaching the parlour the first thing she saw was her husband patting Song Xinhua's forehead. To her, he husband never liked this child from a maid. But there he was with concern in his eyes.

She too looked at the little girl with concern as well. She foregoed any pleasentries and went to Song Xinhua. Shocking the servants of her home.

"Xinhua you tell mother ,where do you feel pain?". She asked with concern. 

The little girl who was pale and in discomfort opened her eyes and said with a tone of grievience ",Mother!". She threw herself to her abdomen and hugged her crying.

The servant were shocked but did not move. Yes she was her mother afterall head wife was the mother of all the children including concubine born.

She was startled but saddened. She wanted to take the child when she left but her husband might not have agreed and who knows the concubines might have forced their kids on to her. She is not a persimmon.