Chapter 23

Ning Xia Gua had gone to the kitchen after changing his clothes to cook. Gis in laws interested in eating his cooking were not burdened by the fact that they made a man cook.

Ning Xia Gua boiled water and put Hong inside and put it aside to cool off. Xiao Feng hadn't drunk honey water in a while. He took the dried Ginkgo Biboba and made a wet porridge like concoction and also put it aside. Seeing his son meals an medicine sorted out he took a look at what he had. He took the pheasant he saved for his wife , cleaned it and boiled it in a large pot.

He used his hunting knife to cut the spring onion and tomatoes and cucumbers from the Huo garden. He took the boiled pheasant off and put another pot on the stove. Put on the lard his mother in law brought and poured a tea spoon. Put in the onions and tomatoes and cucumbers. Then he took the fresh cabbage and washed it's leaved thoroughly,then cut it swiftly before putting it in the pan and stir frying everything. Then took the pheasant from the pot put it on top of the cabbage leaving the soup in there other pot. He dried everything before adding the soup afterwards on top.

Then he took the dried flour made from sweet potato ,crushed it to fine flour with his internal energy. Then he mixed it with an egg from grandma Huo. He was reluctant to add more. They belong to his wife. he made dumplings taking the coleslaw stir fry as the stuffing. The residue soup as sauce by adding more uncut tomatoes to melt them to boil. He put the cooked dumplings aside. He put the soup aside with shredded pieces of pheasant in it ,but two drum sticks for the elder man ,the two wings for their wives. The breast for his grandma and his wife. The. He will just get the meatless ribs or something.  He didn't care. Then he cooked a cup of white rice. This is for his wife. He hopes no one fights for it.

Then for desert purposes he ,with great pains put honey on the pot. Then mixed flour with sugar into little balls then rolled the balls of flour over the honey to make it sticky. Then put then in a pot of sugar water to boil. He was quite unwilling. But for his wife ,he will just go and find a boat or tiger or wolf or something to sell for money. He has to.

He clenched his fists in thought before he continued his cooking.

Then he cleaned the kitchen as a whole and placed his wife rice bowl ,dumpling bowl and soup as well as the baby's water and ginkgo concoction and his wife's sugar water on a tray and the sticky balls on a wooden saucer, looking fragrant golden afterall he baked them after boiling them in sugar water. Then he went out of the kitchen.

Seeing this they were impressed with how fragrant. It smelled really well. They were all richer than him so they could afford better but they don't eat like this on a daily basis. So they anticipated the meal.

So seeing them swallow Grandma Ning laughed at them. When Ning Xia Gua was in the room they asked her why.

"You won't be getting that type of meal. That is reserved for his wife only.vthe rest of us ,we'll you'll  see for yourselves. "

They looked at her not understanding what she meant. How could a grandson give his wife better food than his grandma. Giving birth or confinement aside the disparity is never something to raise eye brows.

Ning Xia Gua sat the tray down on a table by the bed. He went to her,seeing she was still asleep smiled a bit. Seeing his child awake but not crying or making noise just laying there ,his eyes twinkling at him. He was shocked.

He had no idea how long he was awake. He grew distressed. He will make sure to check on them every half an hour in the future. He took the baby carefully into his arms.

His mother who was anxiously biting her nails fro so long watching her grandson follow her with his eyes calmed down. She was relieved someone is with him now. She was really tired. She leaned on an invisible wall and sat on an invisible chair ,looking ungrateful,but pretty and very much tired of how disconcerting her grandson made her.