Chapter 11

He then stood in front of them. He looked at their funny faces as though they are retying to hide something from him, but they were failing dismally.
"What happened now?". He asked as they were staring unabashed at him.
Madam Li as the unrestrained one said," You are so handsome, were you deliberately hiding your true image so that the women do not pursue you?".

Ning Xia Gua had a shocked expression on his face," Mother also knows this. I just did not want to become a gigolo. As a child I looked more like a girl, that is why I purposefully smeared dirt on my face. As time went on, I ended up being used to the lack of attention that I forgot about it
He blushed when he realised the truth of his words.

" With how you are dressed ,you look like a young master?".Madam Li had the gull to wink at him.  He blushed and decided in his heart to not let his wife learn from her mother. She is too terrifying.
"Say, with how smart you look ,are you going to hunt or fish like that?". Asked Master LI.
" No father. I plan to accompany Ma and to buy the medicine and honey for Ah Feng." he said. 
They nodded at him.

" So ,i heard you have slept on the bed today. How was it? To be treated with the respect you deserve?". Madam Li said hitting her thigh to express her disapproval of Li Xining's ways.

And forever the wife slave he was ,he rushed to explain ," That.. It was not a problem.  at that  time we were not familiar with each other and she was pregnant. My sleeping posture is also no good. what if I would have hurt her unintentionally? So the floor is good, makes me stronger. Yesterday she said it is winter now ,so I might die on the floor hence I slept on the bed."
He sat beside his grandmother to suit his throat.

Madam Li was dissatisfied ," Then as soon as the child reaches one month, you must subdue her and Dong Fang , so to consummate your marriage so that it has a long life."
He choked on his tea. He gave her a wronged look.

Madam Li and Old Madam Ning laughed hiding their laughter's with their wide sleeves. Master Li gave a short brisk laugh ,the drank a sip.
" My bedroom marital is not any of your business". he said pouting to the side.
" It is .when it concerns our lack of grandchildren". Madam Li snapped ,slapping her thigh in  the process  causing Master Li to pour himself a bit with the hot tea.  He sighed ,as though this was a regular thing.

Ning Xia Gua sighed at Master Li's life.' What a wife slave. No opinions whatsoever'. He forgot at that moment that his wife's every word is like an empirical decree to him. tch , hypocrites.

After the breakfast they bid farewell to Old Madam Ning. But Ning Xia Gua was reluctant.
" Grandma ,you should check her every hour.  Also cover Ah Feng. Wake her up every three hours to give the child food, And give her sugar and oil. Don't leave them alone okay." he was really worried.

Old Madam Ning snapped". I gave birth to your mother. your father was my son in law. Not my actual son. Anyways , I took care of her and worked and took care of you ungrateful brat. I can take care of them just fine."

Ning Xia Gua stepped back in fear. "Grandma  ,in fact there is no  need to be angry okay. I know you  will look after them well. We;; i am leaving now." he said picking up the two baskets on the floor and putting a stick through each to hold them on his shoulder It was full of pheasants,  two rabbits and a green snake and a couple of rare and poisonous frogs. He said to his grandma again, " I left a pheasant in the kitchen. You make her some soup okay?". he asked carefully.

grandma Ning sighed as though Ning Xia Gua was adding to the world's problems. 

" Listen boy. I know you are a first time father and a model husband ,but you should really try to relax. No one in this house will mistreat the bone of your bones. Flesh of your flesh. Got it." She asked him her eyes unwavering .