Chapter 45

Ning Xia Gua rushed to the butcher only at the gate to realise he had no money on him. He laughed, his called out ", Black one!". he said, not loud at all. 

",Young master ?".a man adorned in black hid in the shadows bowed on one knee.  Ning Xia Gua looked unnatural as he said ",Can I borrow some money from you?", he said. ", Young master here", he handed out his entire purse with both hands. Ning Xia Gua took out one silver piece and some broken silver and retuned the purse.  

Black one sighed inwardly 'Fortunately young master is a conscious person otherwise I will eat the north west wind if he took all of  it.' 

Black two ' Fortunately , he didn't call me , I have no money left after spending it at the big yellow house. I have to rob big black of  food, if he took all the money who would feed me ?'

Ning Xia Gua opened the door, overwhelmed by the stench of death, he went around the  pool of blood and said to the man on the reclining chair", Master Dong , I am  here to buy some meat".

Master Dong stood up, his height impressive for a village man , probably cause he grew up eating meat. Strong muscles and all, just that now in middle age he has a receding hair line  and his pot belly trembles with each step, but there is no denying how strong this man is.

",Xia Gua my boy! How can I help you? Here to make up for your wife are you?", he laughed washing his hand and taking off the protective cloth from the meat, washing his cleaver .

", Well yes, also my son, his teeth are coming so I need bones, big bones for him gnaw on and scratch his gums." he explained .

",Wow teething already ! What I tell you, you want to keep a woman, let her have a child with you, she won't leave. Never!". he laughed cutting the big bones, and the fatty meat as well as some lean meat.

", Here take the fatty meat and tell the  baby it's my grandfather's intention, don't refuse." he laughed.

He left the money and left after a nod.

  Master Dong was abusive in his early years, his wife and two children left to live on the other side of the village. He never married, she never married. The children go to his house and sleep once every month, he delivers meat and living allowance to them. Though not rich, the two girls ,are growing up beautifully spoiled. Another reason Mrs Dong didn't leave, was she didn't want her children to become wild species, at least in the village ,people pity her. Though they judge her for not returning to her husband, they can see she is not divorced and she follows the womanly  ways. So they took it as though the husband is working afar and the wife stayed with the kids.

Meanwhile ,Li Xining left the house , muddle headed. Why did she mistreat her husband as kids. How could he love her so much. Her eyes were heavy laden with unshed tears.  She clenched her hand that held the silver coins. Then she saw her husband coming towards her , holding the meat and a basket of veggies. 

It can be seen that he went to her grandparents garden again. He jogged towards her ", Why are you out? What if you catch a cold?", he asked. She gave birth in late spring, now autumn is entering, the little guy is four months old.  

She looked at him, wearing a short sleeved cardigan with no vest inside. Trousers and a belt and bamboo slip-on's instead of cotton shoes. She looked at him, then herself, she felt blocked.

",A'Gua , why are you so cruel?". she asked tears slipping down ivory cheeks. His heart clenched, painfully at her aggrieved state.

",What happened , tell me what I did wrong . Is it your husband ? Scum bag tell me what he has done and I will go vent anger for you." he said seriously putting down the basket and meat after pulling her to behind the big tree on the side of the road and he hugged her .

She was crying seriously, and when she heard this she couldn't help crying and laughing all at once. 

" You are so cruel to yourself and good to me. But the more you are good to me the more I become guilty ,its worse than stabbing me." she confessed hiding in his chest. Ever since she got a panoramic view of their lives from a bystander position , she felt ridiculous.  Utterly ridiculous.

She has the perfect man all along. She still is not sure whether she is reborn or a new soul or went to experience the future and broaden her horizons and came back or this is  a parallel world with a piece of her soul ,but what she knows anyways is that this is her husband. Her Li Xining husband. 

He felt her guilt  and dependence, but he didn't want her guilty. 

", Hey,  you are not... I am not cruel to myself. Seeing you eat I am full. Seeing you dressed well and warm I will feel warm inexplicitly. Seeing you happy I am overjoyed. Seeing you sad, I am melancholic . Seeing you sick, I am sick to my stomach. Seeing you hungry I become a starving ghost. You are my world's priceless treasure. Every blood, hair and breath and heart beat are all yours. " he said, with emotion looking into her eyes.

She shed tears , she was touched "...wo...wo... wo...my husband !", she cried and hugged his neck and cried ,and turned her face when he hugged her waist, just as he was about to apologise she kissed him on his lips. Knocking their teeth against each other, a fishy tang filled thir mouth. The coppery smell drove Ning Xia Gua mad with haze, he hugged up in his arms leaned her against the tree , putting one hand behind her head and kissed her like it should be.

",Shame!....shame!....shame!", a group of small boys laughed pointing at the two.

She was startled , coming out of her haze, her legs weak she hid on his  chest. 

"You boys, hurry up and leave, disturbing people."  Aunt Si scolded the kids, then with a flattering smile she said ",Ah continue, youth should be bold. Give your son more siblings". she said and left in a hurry.

",The whole village will know now". she mumbled her voice muffled by the his chest. He felt itchy on his chest .  He looked at her with a satisfied smile, she took the initiative to kiss him. He is on cloud nine.

Meanwhile Song Xinhua and Han Fengjiu were discussing whether to open a school or not.

"This money will not last, opening a school is profitable, even if we don't get money , we can get food. And I will sell embroidery. " she said busy.

He held her busy hand ", You don't have to be busy. My servants will teach they are all educated and they will do embroidery as well. You don't need to do anything I will raise you."

She blushed, she was neglected a lot so she read a lot of novels , and even accidentally came across a fragrant yellow flower book in Lu Mei's study. No wonder she hooked her father, reading such things  all day long. While her mother recited buddha's sutra's. She shook her head.

His eyes looked at the flushed cheeks, such an innocent person, she wears her heart on her face , can't conceal anything. Especially her longing to go home. 

He hopes in the future, she can forgive him for being self fish.

In the Qin mansion, a depressed cry came from a hoarse throat. This can't be true.

She sat looking at the ash urn on the table  , as well as her daughter's clothes she last wore when they last saw her. They were washed and pressed. The letter says she fought bravely and did not allow herself to be defiled. And lastly died by drowning herself while running away from the group of captures.

She was too far to bring the body into the city so ashes was easier.  Mrs Song cried. Master Song fell into deep sadness and self blame. Both parents lamented their behavior that day.

The doctor was always on standby to try and calm her down.

 It was their most horrible week, much worse than even when they lost all their property. It was a thick gloom that could only be washed by vengeance, Mrs Song had a glint in her eye when she calmed down. Revenge.

AUTHOR NOTE

So a bonus chapter, while I am busy correcting my schedule. This is to apologize to you.

love Aurriccah