Chapter 33

A/N: Hey guys. In this chapter, the talk about Intermittent Explosive Disorder is continued. I am not a professional and most of the facts said are researched based so I'm sorry if some of the information is inaccurate. Also, I'm so grateful to have hit 100,000 reads on this book. Thank you so much for the support!

I was reading for about thirty minutes before Matteo came in. "Can you help me get my IED under control?"

I give him a small smile. "Sure."

Matteo sits down next to me as I put my book down. "So, what are some ideas you have?" he asked.

"Well, I did research about a year ago on this topic for school. Since you can't take any medication, one of the next best options is anger management or therapy." I said.

"But isn't there a good chance someone could find out about that since it is in a public setting?"

"I thought you would say that so the last option is a lifestyle change. Meaning that you start taking time to get proper rest, find something that helps you relax, and have a balanced diet. But this also doesn't help as much as therapy or medicine does."

He looks a little discouraged, but then takes a deep breath. "So what is something that can be relaxing?"

"Well, it usually depends on the person. For me, I find music or writing as a way to relax. For you, I think maybe taking a nap or putting on a sport game as background noise. It truly depends on what you find relaxing."

"What about playing soccer?" he asked.

I think for a moment. "It depends. Kicking a soccer ball might be relaxing, but if you mean like playing in a soccer match, that probably isn't a good idea. That could be stressful, especially since you are competitive."

He stays silent for a while and out of nowhere says, "Why are you helping me?"

"Because even though you were absolutely terrible to me, you shouldn't suffer. The longterm effects could be bad if it is out of control. Besides, the fact that you don't want to take the medication due to previous actions tells me that you want help. But don't mistake this for forgiving you." 

Matteo gives me a hug in thanks and I relax into his hold. He stayed in the library with me doing his homework while I continued to read the book Sweet Dandelion by Micalea Smeltzer. Eventually, it was time for dinner so we made our way to the dining room, where all of our brothers are seated. I nod my head in acknowledgment and take my seat next to Nic whereas Matteo sits next to Luca. We start to eat and conversations begin.

"So, how was school today?" asked Enzo, addressing the question to all of us.

I say, "Not bad. Today was the day my English project was due so next class we have to present it."

Savio asked, "Did young Rivera give you any problems?"

"Nope." I said immediately.

Luca thought it would be a good chance to jump in. "School was fine, as boring as usual. The car ride to school, on the other hand, was very informative." Shit.

Matteo turns to glare at him. "I think you should fucking keep your mouth shut."

"Our brothers deserve to know. Maybe they can help you."

"I'm already trying to get help. They don't need to worry about it." said Matteo, getting angrier by the second.

"What the hell do we deserve to know?" Enzo questioned.

"Matteo has IED." said Luca.

Nic says, "What?! When the hell did you find out?"

He whispered, "About a year ago."