Chapter 2

"What do you mean brothers? As far as I know, I am an only child." I say. Now they are shifting uncomfortable on their feet. 

"You have six older brothers. The eldest, Lorenzo, is now your legal guardian." My head was spinning with my thoughts. Six brothers! I have six brothers that I never knew of! The officers seem oblivious to freak out session. 

"You will have to move too Italy since that is where they all live. Why don't you go pack and we will drive you to the station to get everything settles?" I couldn't speak so I just nod my head and go upstairs.

It didn't take me long to get pack since I didn't have a lot of stuff. I changed some of the bandages on my cuts that I got last night and apply cream on my bruises. This took only about twenty minutes and then I made my way back to the officers. 

"I'm ready to go." And with that we made our way to the police station. I found out that I have a flight to Italy in three hours so that's great. Once we got to the station, they told me that they just need my name and signature on the paperwork that Lorenzo filled out and sent to them. Then the two people that informed me of my situation drove me to the airport and helped me get checked in. 

"Thank you for the help." 

"No problem. I hope you have a good flight. Here's my number so you can text me when you get there. I want to make sure you get there safely." I thank them again before going to my gate.

About an hour later, we start to board the plane and I was nervous. Not just because I am going to meet my brothers, but because I have never been on an airplane before. For the first hour of the flight, I was lost in my thoughts. I made the decision that I wouldn't let my brothers see how broken I am. I'm going to make sure that I don't let them in and make me vulnerable. Trust has to be earned, and it takes me a while to trust people, if I do at all. I also just realized that I don't know any of their names except for Lorenzo. For the rest of the flight, which was thirteen hours by the way, I slept or watched a movie on the screen connected to the seat in front of me. This is probably the only electronic thing I have had access to; I have never had a phone nor a computer. 

We finally landed at about 10:00am, Italy time, which is 1:00am for me. Luckily I got a good amount of sleep on the plane so I should be good for the day. I grab my bag from the overhead compartment and this leads to a shooting pain in my ribs. I wince in pain before continuing to walk down the middle aisle to exit the plane. One thing I realized was that I have no idea what they look like and who is picking me up. Well, they should at least know what I look like so I will be fine. Now you probably think I'm crazy and some random people could claim that they are my brothers but I have a good sense of telling whether someone is lying. Plus, if they try to kidnap me, I will just fight back. Something I probably forgot to mention is that I am an underground fighter and this was how I managed to get my anger out; by punching and kicking my opponents. Obviously my parents never knew, but I used to sneak out twice a week, usually when I was in the least pain, and fight. This has been going on for about eight months and I used to have a trainer but now I teach myself since I was afraid that he would find out about the abuse.

I was sitting down by the front of the airport for about ten minutes before I noticed an older man  walking towards me. 

"Hi I'm Mark, your brothers personal driver. Are you Miss Liliana?" He asked. Mark seemed very sweet and I could tell he only had good intentions. 

"Yes, that's me and please, just Liliana is fine." I say and almost smile. Something you should know is that I haven't smiled in over a year, before Liam left. 

"Well Liliana, are you ready to go?" After saying yes, he leads me to this SUV and we start the drive to my new "home." During the ride, we make small talk and learn more about each other. His favorite color is blue, which is the same as mine, and apparently his wife works for my brothers as well as the head maid. They must have money if they can afford a driver and maids. 

We get to the house and I am in awe; the place is a mansion that looks about three floors and the exterior is gorgeous with the modern look and a hint of medieval to it. So if my brothers are this rich, what do they do? I guess I will find out soon at dinner. Mark informed me that some of the boys were at work and the others were hanging out with friends. At least I have time to settle in a little without disruption. Mark shows me to my room, and it was so big. It had a bathroom and walk in closet the size of my old bedroom. I thank Mark before he leaves and I set up some of my clothes which consists of two pairs of leggings, one pair of jeans, two hoodies, and two shirts. The only shoes I have are the ones I'm wearing, which are old sneakers, and ankle boots that I bought without telling my mom. I hid the money I made from my job as well as my painkillers under my bed. 

For the remainder of the day, I stay in my room and think about everything that has happened in the past twenty-four hours. Since I was never given the opportunity to eat a lot, I wasn't that hungry since I ate a little on the flight. At 6:00pm, Mark comes up to my room to let me know it was dinner time. I get up and follow him into the dining room, where I see my brothers. Once they hear my entrance, they all turn to look at me. This is going to be fun.