Chapter 10

The blood drips down from my cut and makes a puddle on the floor. I focus on the pain until I hear a knock on my bedroom door. 

"OPEN THE DOOR!" said a voice that I assumed was Lorenzo. 

Deciding that I didn't want to give them any more reasons to punish me, I frantically yell, "Just a minute!" I quickly wash and clean my cuts so I could bandaged them. Once that was done, I remember that there was blood on the floor so I find a towel and wipe it up. I didn't really think this through because the towel was white and I have a feeling the blood won't wash out. 

Throwing the towel in my sink cabinet, I run to get the door. Lorenzo was standing there was a look of anger and impatience. 

"What took you so long?" 

"Uhh, I was going bathroom. Did you need something?" I asked. 

"You need to learn not to leave if someone is talking to you. This is very disrespectful to whomever you are speaking to." 

"Got it. Now I'm going to try to take a nap." He starts to walk away but then I remember something. 

"Wait. I need you to sign something." I grab my class request form and hand it to him. 

"I want to switch into a different elective." He signs after skimming through it and I thank him before closing my door. The form just say that I want to switch out of Music 1, not what class I want to switch into. I put the paper on my desk and climb into my bed to take a nap.

I wake up at 6:30pm and start to get ready for dinner. My brothers informed me yesterday that we would have guests. I put on a long sleeved blouse with skinny jeans and touch up my makeup to make sure all my bruises are covered. At 6:55pm, I make me way to the front foyer, where I see all the boys standing. We don't say anything to each other as we wait for the guests to arrive. The door bell rings about five minutes later and Lorenzo is the one to greet them. 

"Welcome. It is a pleasure to have the Russo family here. These are my brothers and sister." He steps aside and we get a good look at the family in front of us. I first look at the parents, and make my way to their son. Why? Why am I seeing people I used to know? That is not a bad thing, but why do they have to be guys?  

The son, Michael, sees me and gives me a look of shock. He is about 18 years old and was good friends with Liam before he left. Liam taught him how to speak Russian as a way for people not to eavesdrop on their conversations, like what him and I did. When Liam left, Michael was there for me since he knew how close we were, until he, too, had to leave. He is the one who showed and introduced me to underground fighting, and became my trainer. I know I said that Liam was the only one that knew about the abuse, but that was false. Michael also knew and gave me an outlet to get my frustration out. Apparently he was neglected by his parents so that was how he got into fighting. We didn't end things on good terms, which is why I never mentioned him, but that was mostly my fault since I acted like a brat and accused him of running away from me. 

I give him a big grin and he rushes over to me and gives me a huge hug. He picks me up and spins me around, which causes me to laugh. Someone clears their throat, and we reluctantly let go of each other. I turn around to see my brothers giving me a death glare. 

Michael puts his hands on my shoulders, making me turn back to him, and starts speaking to me in Russian. "Я так по тебе скучала, моя младшая сестра. Как поживаешь? Так вы давно потерянная сестра Морелли? Что случилось, когда меня не было?(I have missed you so much, my little sister. How are you? So you are the Morelli's long lost sister? What happened when I was gone?)

I laugh and say, "Помедленнее. Я могу ответить только на очень много вопросов за один раз. И я тоже скучал по тебе, большой брат.(Slow down. I can only answer so may questions at one time. And I missed you too, big bro.)" Another thing you should know is that we act like brother and sister. 

"Давай поговорим позже. Мои старшие братья уже посадили меня за решетку, потому что сегодня я разговаривал с одним мальчиком в школе, поэтому я не хочу давать им больше патронов.(Let's talk later. My older brothers already grounded me because I talked to one boy at school today so I don't want to give them any more ammo.) It was Liam." I start to walk towards my brothers, but Michael stops me. 

"Подожди, Лиам живет в Италии?(Wait, Liam lives in Italy?)

"Ага, ты не знал?(Yeah you didn't know?)" He shook his head and I hear my brothers clearing their throats again. I tell him we will talk later and we make our way to the dining room.

Michael's parents look at me with a confused expression, but when they see that I am watching them, their face turns to one of warning. Warning me to stay away from their son. I have a feeling this dinner is going to be filled with drama.