Chapter 6

I go through the same morning routine as yesterday; wake up, work out, shower, lounge for a little bit, and go downstairs for breakfast. Though when I get to the kitchen, only Nico is present. I wonder where Lorenzo and Savio are. I stay quiet while making my way through the kitchen to get a bowl. He had no idea that I was there until he heard the cabinet shut. 

"Good morning, sorellina.(Little sister) How long have you been here?" He ask in a professional tone, but was also a little friendly. 

"Good morning, Nico. I just got here like two minutes ago." 

Since I am a nice person, I ask, "Do you want some pancakes? I'm about to make some for myself." 

"Umm...sure." He said. I quickly whip up some pancake and hand him a plate. His entire demeanor changes once he took a bite. 

"This is so good. Where did you learn to cook?" 

"I actually took a Culinary class in Middle School and after that, I taught myself." He look surprised, but continued eating. 

When we both were finished, he washed the dishes and said in a teasing tone, "You better not tell anyone about my reaction to your pancakes."

 I let out a small laugh. "Don't worry. Your secret is safe with me." He gives me a smile before going back to his strict self. Well, it was fun while it lasted.

Nico informed me before he left to go to work that I would be starting at the school my brothers go to tomorrow, which happens to be a rich people place. He also told me that he would go pick up my uniform for me on his way home. I don't think they knew about my reputation at my old school and if I see someone getting hurt, I will fight back, even if I get in trouble for it. I don't tolerate bullies, especially the snobby kind, not that I am saying that all rich people are like that; I don't base people on stereotypes.

For the rest of the day, I stay in the library and read one of my favorite novels, Pride and Prejudice. I like to imagine myself as the main character, because it is a way to escape from the life I have now, though she does also face some hardships. By 7:00pm, I have read most of the book and I go to the dining room for dinner. My brothers are all there, and by the look on Luca's and Matteo's face, they were waiting on me. Once I sit down, we start digging into our food. 

"So, as you know, Bambina, you will be starting school tomorrow. I would like to go over some rules with you." Said Lorenzo. Why are there so many rules in this house? 

I nod but he just looks at me. "Okay." 

"Good. First, you will not talk to any boys unless you are partnered with them. Second, no fighting of any kind. Third, you will sit with your brothers at lunch. Fourth, respect all your teachers and pay attention. Any questions?" I will most likely not follow the fighting and lunch rule. There is no way I'm going to sit with my cold brothers. 

"Yeah. Why do I have to sit with the boys?" 

"For your own safety. Anything else?" My own safety, what does that even mean. I shake my head and continue eating.

I finish about half of it, as always, and declare that I can't eat anymore to my brothers. Again, they put argue that I didn't eat enough, but again I tell them that I am fine. After everyone is done, I tell them that I am going to go to bed early. I was actually really tired and since tomorrow is my first day of school, I wanted to get some good sleep. I get changed into my pajamas and crash the second I get in the bed.

I wake up at 5:30am due to having a nightmare. It has been a couple day since I had one and I was hoping that they would finally stop, but I guess not. This one involved my stepdad and a belt because I arrived home late six months ago. He gave me a lash for every minute I was late, so I got seven of them. I still have the scar, though it is very faint. Every scar I have has its own story, whether it was because I was late or because I was talking when I wasn't supposed to. I actually got one because Nate saw me with Liam and called a slut.

At 6:30am, I decided that it was time to get ready. I took a shower and put my uniform on, which was a top with a blazer and a skirt. Since I still had scars and bruises on my legs, I wore leggings underneath. Then I got my concealer out and covered the bruise on my cheek that has yet to disappear. By 7:00am, I was all ready for my first day, though I was not excited at all.

I went downstairs and saw that Luca and Fabiano were there already. Matteo comes down the stairs behind me and I grab a banana before going to the car with them. The car ride was filled with them chattering and I plugged my headphones to listen to music. We got to school at 7:20am and exited the car. I see that everyone is looking at me but I didn't care. I walk into the school without waiting for my brothers. They come in and catch up with me but I ignore them as I make my way to the office. They looked shocked that I knew where to go without them telling me, but I just looked up the school map yesterday.

When I walk in, all the office staff stop talking and look in fear as they see who is behind me. Whatever. Time to go get my schedule and find out how my first day will be.