Chapter 3

Since none of them were saying anything, I take a seat in an empty chair and wait. They finally come out of their daze and look at me with looks of confusion and fury. Someone clears their throat and I look over at the person at the head of the table. He had short, dark brown hair with honey colored eyes like mine. 

"Hello. I am Lorenzo and I'm 24 years old, which makes me your eldest brother. Boy's, introduce yourselves in order." He said with a cold tone. Great

"Savio, I'm 22." Savio had chestnut hair like mine and dark blue eyes. 

"Nico, 21." His hair is chestnut that is cut a little bit longer than Lorenzo's and eyes are a dark brown color. 

"I'm Luca and 18."  He had the same hair color as Lorenzo with blue eyes. 

"I'm Fabiano and this is Mateo. We are both 16." Both of them had dark brown hair with blue eyes and the only difference between them two is that Mateo has a small tattoo by his neck. They all spoke with a dark note in their voice that was intimidating, but Fabiano seemed the nicest out of them all. I realize that they are waiting for me to speak. I will not show that I am fazed my their intimidating presence. 

"I am Liliana and I am 14." After I introduced myself, they started eating.

While I was eating, I noticed that all the younger brothers were sending glares my way but I pretend like I didn't notice. I ate about one third of the food before becoming full so I just lean back in my chair and wait for the boys to finish. 

Savio looks at me and says, "Why did you stop eating?" 

"I'm full. I don't have a big appetite." He looks at me disapprovingly. 

"You barely ate. You need to finish that plate." He said in a motherly way. Weird. 

"I can't. I told you I am full." "When was the last time you ate today?" Savio asked. At this point, all the boys have stopped eating and are looking at me. 

I hesitate before responding. "On the plane, but I told you I don't have a big appetite." Now he looks at me in disbelief. 

"What?! That was over eight hours ago. Eat." I told him I couldn't again and he finally gave up when he realized that I wasn't going to budge.

Everyone finally finished and Lorenzo told me to follow him to his office, which was on the third floor. We both go into the office and he closes the door behind us. He takes a seat behind the desk and gestures for me to take a seat as well.

 Once we are both situated, he begins speaking. "Welcome Home, Bambina(child). We do have rules here and you will be expected to follow them." I nod in response. "Okay, Here are the rules: 

1. We expect verbal responses. 

2. No swearing or any kind of back talking.

3. You will respect all of your brothers.

4. No boyfriends

5. No drugs or alcohol

6. I expect you to have good grade, but I saw your report card and I think you will be fine.

7. No fighting

8. Don't come to this floor again unless you have one of our permission or company.

Do you have any questions?" He asked. Wow there is a lot of rules I need to follow. 

"Yeah. Why can't I come to this floor?" 

"We own a family business so this is where we work." I have a feeling that he won't tell me what the business is so I just ask my second question.

"What does Bambina mean?" By the way, I can speak Italian fluently but I'm not going to tell them that. 

"It means child in Italian." 

"Okay. May I go back to my room?" 

"I am actually going to have Luca show you around." I nod, but then he gives me a stern look, so I say, "Okay." Luca knocks on the door and walks in. Lorenzo dismisses us and Luca starts the tour.

On the second floor, there are all of the bedrooms for my brothers and me. There is also a living room when you turn left after the stairs. On the first floor, they have a kitchen, living room, gym, library, and music room. It has been a while since I have touched a piano and played. I used to be decent at music but I was forced to stop once my stepdad found out. Maybe after they all go to their rooms, I'll sneak down here and try to get back into it. I also will probably be in the gym in the morning before breakfast and in the library in the afternoon. After Luca finished giving me the tour, he leaves me on the first floor, so I make my way to my bedroom. When I arrive, I close my door and try to go through my bag and find my piano book. Once I found it, I flip through the pages until I find a song that fits my mood. 

After waiting until I heard the last bedroom door closing, I open my door quietly and make my way to the music room. I get to the room and make sure to close the door so that no one can hear me. I set my book down and walk over to the grand piano, running my fingers over the keys and bench. This used to be what I found peace in, the thing that helped me forgot all of my problems. Picking up the book, I put it on the stand and start to sit and get into position.