Chapter 14

I wake up the next morning at 6:00am all sweaty. I just had a nightmare, or more like a memory, about one of the worst times I've gotten beaten. It was about four months ago and I had forgotten that some of his friends were going to come over. I was supposed to clean up and make sure there were enough beers in the fridge, which there wasn't. All of his friends took a turn at me and one even touched me inappropriately, though that was when I fought back. This just led me to get an even worse beating and I remember just laying there on the cold floor, watching the blood from my stomach make a puddle. They thought it would be fun if they gave me a three inch cut on my stomach. It took me about ten minutes to just stand and took me and additional five minutes to get back to my room. I couldn't go to school for an entire week because I didn't have the strength to leave the house. 

Finally pulling myself out of bed, I change into some workout clothes and head to the gym. All of my brothers doors are closed, so they are probably still asleep. To be honest, they probably won't wake up until noon after the night they had.

 After working out for about an hour, I go back to my room and get ready for the day, wearing a dark blue hoodie and dark washed jeans.  I then go downstairs and make myself an avocado toast with a small cup of coffee, since I was going to need it to make it through the day. Taking a seat at the counter, I eat my breakfast, lost in my own thoughts, thinking about my life before and now. 

About a couple hours later, I was sitting in the living and I heard my brothers come in. Looking at all of them, I turned my gaze to Luca, who had a big bruise on his cheek. 

Playing dumb, I say, "Oh my god. What happened Luca?" He just grunts in response. 

Savio answers for him. "He just got into a little bar fight last night." Bullshit, but I decide not to say anything since I knew that they were going to lie. 

"Oh, well I hope you are okay." I say with fake concern, and they know it. My younger older brothers just send me a glare which I smirk at. 

Lorenzo says, "No sass, you are already walking on thin ice." 

"Excuse me. I didn't sass anyone and technically, I told you that Michael and Liam are my best friends."

 Nico said in a stern voice, "Well you did now and we also told you no boys. We don't care if you knew them from before. They are no exception. Plus if you need someone, come to us." 

That's it. "Why can't you guys understand that I don't care about that! We have been going in circles about this. They are my BEST FRIENDS and nothing you say or do is going to change that. They were there for me unlike you. You guys don't think that I know that you knew about my existence. You knew where I was this entire time, yet you never visited. You could've contacted me, but you didn't. You think you have all this power over me, but think again. You weren't there, so if you are waiting for me to talk to you about anything, then you will be waiting for a long ass time. You might be my blood, but you are nothing to me." I was out of breath by the time I finished and I ran up to my room without looking back at them.

Locking the door behind me, I go to my bathroom and take out my blade. I make two lines, one for letting them rile me up and another one for the nightmare I had this morning. I know it isn't my fault that I have these nightmares, but that doesn't make me feel any better about them. They just bring back memories that I hope to keep away, that I wish would stop haunting me. I rarely get a night of sleep without a nightmare, but more importantly, I haven't dreamed in years.

Cleaning up a couple minutes, I decide to lay in bed and ended up crying myself to sleep. It, of course, was a dreamless nap.

A/N: Hey guys. I need some help with deciding what to do. Comment if you think that her brothers should find out about the abuse or not. Plus if you think that I should give Liliana a love interest. Thank you!