Chapter 46

Waking up, I look at my clock and see that it is 6:30pm. I get out of bed and go back downstairs, where I see only Nic sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Hey, where is everyone?" I ask, starling him as I go to sit down next to him.

Nic jumps a little in his seat. "Shit, you scared me. Lorenzo and Savio had left thirty minutes ago to talk to Marcello Rivera on their own. Luca, Matteo, and Fabiano went to il Sangue Incontra il Sangue to take out some frustration. No one is really happy about the outcome of today."

"Well, hopefully Enzo and Savio can come to a middle ground with the Rivera family."

"I'm hoping so too. How do you feel?" He says.

"Well, about having to fight my boyfriend? Terrible. About having to deal with my boyfriend finding out about me lying to him? Horrible. About having to have a conversation with my boyfriend tonight and might get broken up with? Awful. And last but not least, about potentially losing the trust my brothers had in me? Miserable." I said with tears in my eyes.

He wraps his arm around me, causing my head to go on his shoulder. "Hey. We still have trust in you. Yes, we were disappointed that you lied, but you also have been honest with us more times than we can count, even when we didn't deserve that honesty. You have been with us, I believe, for four months. One lie is not going to destroy the process we made."

"Thank you." I whisper and we stay like this while watching tv.

About forty-five minutes later, I start to get up to go to my room, but Nic's arm holds me back. Looking at him, I see that he fell asleep and try to wake him up.

Getting gradually louder after each word, I say, "Nic...Nic...Nic...Nic!" He falls off the couch and I start laughing. 

"Why did you wake me? I was having a good dream about Gabe." He pouted, making me laugh even harder.

I finally start to gain my composure. "We have to go. It's 7:30, so go get ready."

He just stands up. "I am ready."

I just roll my eyes. "You have no shoes on. Now go, I have to go upstair to get mine." Not waiting for a response, I run upstairs to my bedroom, put on the shoes I was wearing before as well as my jacket and go back down to the garage.

I see Nic standing by a black Aston Martin Victor and walk to the car and get in. The thirty minute drive was filled with mindless chatter between the two of us and me giving the directions. Once we get to the cafe, I see that Cole's vehicle is parked in the lot. Nic parked the car and turns to me. 

"How do you know this place?" Nic asked.

All I say is, "This is where Cole and I went on most of our dates," before getting out of the car and walking inside with Nic right behind me.

Cole is seated at our usually table and I see Kian, his brother, sitting at the table across the room. Telling Nic to sit at that table, I walk and sit at the table Cole is at.

"Thank you for agreeing to meet with me." I said awkwardly.

"No problem. I guess you didn't lie when you said you were closest to your third oldest brother." He said, causing me to wince.

"The only time I truly lied to you was about who my family was, or in other words, my family name and about my life before moving here. I'm so sorry for how you found out." I say sincerely.

"I have questions I want you to answer truthfully. Then we'll see where we go from here." I nod my head eagerly and he asks the first question.

"What was your life like in California? And why did you lie about it?" Damn. Starting with the hard ones.