Chapter 11

12 months later...

******

Ricky & Amy (Amy's POV)

I entered the house coming back from the store when I saw my dad and Kathleen sitting at the table. My dad got up and grabbed the bags from me.

"Thanks dad," I responded.

"Did you get everything for Emily's first birthday?" Kathleen asked.

"I think I did. John's first birthday was a bit lame and I wanted Emily's birthday to be better," I explained to them.

"Good. When will Ricky be home?" My dad asked.

"He is at work. Leo was generous enough to give him the afternoon off because it is Emily's birthday," I explained.

Later that day, Ricky came home and everyone was already here for the birthday party. Nora, my mom, Shakur, Margaret, my dad, Kathleen, Grace, and Tom.

"Wow. Everything looks great, Amy," Ricky said as he walked over to me and took Emily from my arms.

"Can you believe its Emily's first birthday?" I asked.

"Time flies by with this little one," Ricky replied.

The rest of the party went very smoothly. We felt like one big happy family. No matter what is going on in our lives, we are able to come together and have fun and enjoy each other. 

"It was good to be here," My mom said after the party.

"Thanks for coming," I replied.

"Their is no way I would miss Emily's first birthday party," My mom replied.

"Are you heading back to Palm Springs?" I asked.

"Yeah. I don't feel like spending the night," She responded.

"Ok," I responded.

This past year has been crazy but wonderful at the same time. Emily and John are growing up so fast. Being a mother of two and going to college is not easy. 

"Today was fun," I said as I entered the bedroom later that night and sat in bed next to Ricky.

"Are the kids in bed?" He asked.

"Yes. They were both on a sugar high," I replied.

"That's what happens at a birthday party," Ricky replied.

"How was work?" I asked.

"Good. I really love it there," He replied.

"I am happy that you found a career that you love," I told him.

"I have gotten better at working and balancing you and the kids," He responded.

"You have gotten better at that," I pointed it out.

"Are you happy?" He asked me.

"Yes. I am really happy. I never imagined my life to turn out this way but I am glad I did," I admitted.

"Me too," Ricky said as he leaned over and kissed me.

******

Adrian & Omar (Adrian's POV)

Omar and I have been broken up for a year. We haven't spoken since and my life has been really lonely. I am focusing on school which is a good thing and I am ready to move on.

"Adrian," Omar said as he entered my condo.

"I should have taken away your key when you left," I responded.