Chapter 15

******

Ricky & Amy (Amy's POV)

"Good morning," I said to Ricky as I entered the kitchen and walked over to the coffee maker and grabbed a cup of coffee.

"Good morning," He replied.

"My mom is coming over today and she claims she has something to tell us," I informed him.

"Interesting. Any ideas what it is?" Ricky asked.

"Nope," I replied.

Later that day, my mom entered our house. She gave Ricky and I a big hug and she sat down at the kitchen table with us.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"I have some news," She responded.

"What?" I asked.

"I am getting married," My mom announced.

"Really?" I responded.

"Congrats," Ricky said.

"Thank you. Her name is Paige and she is an incredible women. I feel so lucky," My mom explained.

"Great," I sarcastically said.

"When can we meet her?" Ricky said.

"I was actually hoping you two could come out with us for dinner tonight," My suggested.

"We have kids. Who would watch John and Emily?" I replied.

"We can ask your dad and Kathleen," Ricky suggested.

"Great," My mom cheered before I could respond. 

Later that evening, Ricky and I dropped John and Emily off at my dads. We were in the car on the way to dinner and it was mostly silent. I didn't have much to say. How am I supposed to react to my mom marrying her girlfriend who I never met.

"Hi," I said as I sat down at the table.

"You must be, Amy and Ricky. I am Paige," She introduced.

"Nice to meet you," Ricky replied.

"How did you two meet," I said jumping right in.

"We met at the park. I was walking with Robby and Paige was walking with her daughter," My mom explained.

"You have a kid?" I asked.

"Lucy is 5," Paige responded.

"Can I ask if she is biological or adopted?" I wondered.

"Amy," Ricky said.

"No. It's ok. I was married for three years and realized I was gay so I got divorced. Then 1 month later I found out pregnant," Paige explained.

"Nice," I said.

"So Ricky and Amy. How did you meet?" Paige asked us.

"Band camp. So do you think you are ready to be married again," I answered and then asked quickly to move on.

"I think so," She responded.

The rest of dinner went by slowly. I asked Paige every possible question I could ask. I want to make sure she is right for my mom.

Later that evening Ricky and I got home. It was quiet. He didn't say anything and neither did I. I could sense the attention.

"What's going on?" I asked.

"What do you mean?" He responded.

"You were quiet the entire way home," I pointed out.

"You were a jerk to Paige," Ricky said.