Chapter 17

*****

Amy & Ricky (Amy's POV)

Today my mom is marrying Paige. I find it a little weird but I will get used to the idea. I love my mom and want her happy and this makes her happy.

I entered Jack's dad church and saw my mom standing in the doorway. I walked over to her and said, "Congrats"

"Thank you honey," She responded.

"Anne," Paige says as she walked over to us, "Hi Amy. Today's a special day"

"It sure is" I responded "Congrats. I will see you inside"

"Of course," My mom responded.

I walked into the chapel and saw Ricky sitting in the front row with John and Emily. We haven't let them out of our sight since Bob kidnapped them. Ricky left earlier than me so I had time to get ready. I sat down next to them.

"You look beautiful" Ricky whispered to me.

"Thanks," I replied.

10 minutes later Jack's dad entered the chapel. 

"May we rise," Jack's dad said.

Everyone in the chapel stood up. The wedding march began to play. My mom entered the chapel first with my dad. Then Paige entered the chapel next with her ex husband. They walked them to the front and then sat down.

"Dearly beloved we are gathered here today to join Anne and Paige in holy matrimony. As a society we have come far where we are able to celebrate love in all forms. Anne and Paige found love with each other," Jack's dad started.

"Do you Paige take Anne to be your lawfully wedded wife." 

"I do."

"Do you Anne take Paige to be your lawfully wedded wife." 

"I do."

"Then in the power invested by me in the state of California. I now pronounce you wife and wife. You may kiss your bride,"

My mom and Paige kissed as everyone in the chapel stood up to clap. My mom looked at me and I smiled at her lettering her know that I approve and am happy for her. 

*****

Adrian & Omar (Adrian's POV)

It's been a week since I found out I couldn't have kids. It's been the second hardest week of my life. The first being over course when I lost Mercy. When Mercy died, I lost my daughter. Now I am losing the possibility of ever being a mom again. Omar is trying his hardest but it is hard on him too.

"Good morning," He said as he entered the kitchen, "After work, I was going to pick up dinner and maybe we can cook."

"I'm good," I replied.

"Adrian. Please. It will be good for us," He begged.

"I said no. I will order a pizza." I said.

"We can't eat junk food for the rest of our lives," He said.

"I can if I want," I said.

"Adrian I know it is hard but..." He started.

"No buts. Can you please go to work?" I asked.

"Sure. See you later. I love you," Omar said.

"Yeah yeah," I responded.

Omar left for work. I haven't left the house in a week, I feel like I am loosing Mercy all over again. Except I am in New York and have nobody to turn too. I have never felt so lonely. I love kids and it has always been my dream to be a mom and I am struggling with letting that dream go.