CHAPTER TWO: Dangerous games

I've heard stories of pans games from mother, enough to know that he plays dirty and that he NEVER fails.

"Now here's what's going to happen" pan started, "you're going to complete three tasks" he continues taking slow steps towards me, "your first task it to find something, a waterfall to be specific... but not just any waterfall, the 'spring of Neverland'", he said while letting out an evil laugh, followed by the lost boys, "also, you have till sunrise to find it" he finished as he and the lost boys left, leaving me alone in the dark, dangerous forest.

This really is going to be difficult, I think to myself as I start walking through the cold, lonely forest. I managed to find the Indian village, pirates cove, mermaid lagoon and the main big waterfall, but no sign of the 'hidden waterfall' maybe I should just, give up! This island is no place for a girl, mother use to tell me and I think she may be right.

It's getting close to sunrise too. Just as I think that, I came across a rocky wall, there's no use in climbing it but me being adventurous, I climb it anyway. As I climb, I try not to slip or misplace my grip, the higher I climb, the harder it gets to hold myself up.

Once I reach the top, I take a moment before I explore what's up here. I turn to see a huge bush with sharp thorns sticking out with black liquid on them. I be sure not to touch it as I don't know what it is. The big bush seems to be as if it's guarding something, curious I look around to see if I can find something sharp to cut through the pointy bush.

All of a sudden, a sword is in my hand, I don't know how it happened but I am thankful. Without further ado, I lift the sharp metal and slice through the bush... I knew it was hiding something, but I didn't expect it to be a... beautiful small waterfall.

Is this what pan wanted me to find?

"I see you've past the first task before sunrise" came Pans clear voice from behind me, "ready for the next one?" He asked taking one of the thorns from the bush and cut my left forearm with it, "OW... are you insane?" I scream, he shrugs, "now, I want you to find the cure to this poison known as 'dream-shade' before it reaches your heart" he smirked.

"And how long will that take?" I ask, my voice shaking a little, "depends" is all he said before he left with a poof.

What and arse, I think to myself. I sit down beside the waterfall to think, what could possibly be the cure to this?

After a while, I get up to go find a cure, but before I go, I decide to take a drink as I'm exhausted from walking all night, I use my hands as a cup and take a big gulp of the fresh water.

I definitely feel better, so I go out of this little hiding spot and climb back down to find a cure.

Once I reach the bottom, I turn to see Pan and the lost boys, confused I go to to say something but someone once again interrupted me, "you don't know, do you?" Pan asked cocking an eyebrow at me, I look at him confused, "the water from the waterfall has healed you, moron" the guy with the toothpick stated, I look down a little embarrassed.

"That water is magic, and magic comes with a price... now, you can never ever leave Neverland.. otherwise you die" one of the lost boys spoke up and they all started laughing, they think this is funny?

"Ready for the final task?" Pan asked, "it doesn't matter weather I'm ready or not, you're going to have me do it now anyway" I say confidently, "feisty little one aren't you?" He asked teasingly, I glare at him.

"Don't worry, this one isn't dangerous, or got a time limit" Pan starts as I sigh in relief, "here is a map" he hands me a blank piece of parchment! I gave him a confused look, "it will show to you when you reveal your life before Neverland" he says, "you must speak out loud to the parchment, once you have... you shall find my camp, and join us" he instructed.

I think I know why he is doing this, it's so then he knows me, and uses the information against me... I could be wrong though.

It's been a couple of days since I've received this blank piece of parchment from Pan. I haven't eaten anything or gotten much sleep either...

Maybe I should say something to the blank parchment, anything about myself! I stare at the parchment for a long while, "my name is Arabella Rose Darling, I am 17 and the oldest of my siblings" I started slowly, but nothing showed up so I continued, "I came to Neverland on my birthday because I wished to be taken away from my troubles... I didn't want to grow up and take responsibility, now that I'm here I can't help but feel... free" I finish in a whisper.

I take a deep breath and look to see a map, with that and not much energy... I get up and head to Pans camp.