CHAPTER TWENTYNINE: control

Wendy POV-

I ran after Arabella out of camp as she just forcefully pushed James about 50 ft back into a tree with magic, by accident of course... she freaked out and ran.

"Arabella, wait up?" I yell, which she ignored and ran faster... for a pregnant woman she can run, even I'm struggling to catch up with the very fit soon to be mother! I force myself to move faster to keep up with her, no matter how out of breath I am.

All of a sudden, she collapsed! I carefully approach her and gently place a hand on her shoulder, "don't touch me" she flinches away, "please, let me help you" I plead, "NO, you have to get away from me... I-I can't c-control it" she stutters out.

"You can, I believe in you" I slowly shuffle closer to her and once again place a soft hand on her shoulder, I feel her relax a little, "the magic is getting stronger than ever... I don't think anyone should be around me" she cries out, I pull her into a warm hug as she cries into my shoulders. After a while she pulls back, I looks at her tear stained face and give her a small smile.

~a couple days later~

"You're getting better, I have a suggestion that might work... I don't know much about magic but it might help with control" I say to Ari as I watch her practice magic. For a couple of days now, I've been trying to help Ari control and use her magic, not that I'm any help... but I'm here for her. There have been a couple of times where I would get injured by Ari magic by accident, but she healed me immediately every time.

She nods for me to continue, "when using magic, think of something that makes you angry, to focus your energy on that and get the best outcome from the spell, then when you're finished using your magic... think of a good memory to calm down, I know it sounds stupid but-" I was cut off "Wendy, you're a genius, that'll most likely help with control, let's try" Ari beams, I send her a smile then she tired that strategy.