CHAPTER TWENTYTHEE: Baelfire escapes

Baelfire POV-

I may have found Wendy, but the original plan was to take Wendy home... not stay here on Neverland.

I will be leaving with or without Wendy! I want to grow up, I want to be free and find love... I know the others think Wendy and I are a thing, but we're not... I don't like her like that.

I have a plan, and I intend to leave tonight! I approached Wendy, "hey" I greet, "hey" she smiled, I take a deep breath to brace myself, "if I found a way off the island, would you come?" I asked hopefully, "Bae... I can't, my sisters here and I like this place" she replied and I nod, looks like I'm going alone.

Everyone does look happy, but I'm not! Maybe I should go now while no ones attention is on me! I leave camp unnoticed, no surprise there... I then make my way to skull rock where I have captured and stored Pans shadow, which is the only thing aloud to leave Neverland without Pans permission.

The shadow I trapped in a coconut and I learned that it is affected by flames!

So, with that information I grabbed a torch and light it, I then grab the coconut and slowly open it but quickly grab the shadow by the ankle before it escapes.

I point the flames up at the shadow causing it to fly us upwards towards the second star to the right... I'm going home at last!

Wendy POV-

I was laughing at something James said when someone approached me, "where's your boyfriend?" Came Pans voice, "first of all, he's not my boyfriend and second... I don't know?" I say honestly and now I'm confused... where is Bae?

"So, he just left you here huh?" He laughed, "what do you mean?" I asked in a high pitched voice, "he left Neverland... and didn't tell nor take you" he explains.

Wait, he did say something earlier... maybe he was trying to hint something, and I was too damn stupid to get it!