CHAPTER TWELVE: jelousy/duel/confess

Felix POV-

I watch as Pan interrupts Ari and mop heads conversation, as Ari walked away Pan starts to talk... obviously, I can't hear what he's saying but I'm sure he's just grounding rules.

"He shouldn't be a problem" came Pans voice, ok so I believe I know what he was saying now, "hope not" I reply looking over at Ari.

The next day, I was about to head out to go hunting, by myself, when the newest lost boy 'baelfire' approached me.

"You know, she's far too good for you" he started matter-of-factly, I glare at him, "I heard , that you're heartless and cruel... how could she possibly like you?" He ranted on as I continue to glare at him in silence, I have nothing to say... he has a point. I let out a slight chuckle and continued my way out of camp.

(Just so we're clear, Bae doesn't like Ari, he just met her! He just feels protective over her because she's Wendy's sister)

As I came back to camp with a few rabbits, the first thing I see is Ari and that idiot sitting together laughing... she has an amazing laugh, too bad it's him that's causing it.

I throw the rabbits at Cubby gesturing for him to go store them away for later, I then lean against a big oak tree and glare at the laughing duo.

"Alright BOYS... who's up for a duel?" Pan yelled, suddenly all the boys howl in excitement and gathered around Pan. 

"Now, who would like to challenge... Felix" Pan asked as all the excitement died and no one said anything.

All of a sudden, the new lost boy stands up. Everyone forms a circle and I enter the centre to see Baelfire horrified face, I can only imagine what everyone said about duelling me! I share a knowing look with Pan and wait for his word.

Ari POV-

How could Bae be so oblivious? Everyone's told him to not EVER duel Felix as he has NEVER lost and he is the strongest out of all of us... except Pan of course.

"BEGIN" Pan yelled and Bae sprints towards Felix as to tackle him but Felix has quick reflexes and dodges him, Bae tripped over his own feet and fell do the ground and Felix saw an opportunity and started kicking him in the guts until Bae was coughing up blood, Felix then stepped back and waited for Bae to get up, once he was up, Felix punched him in the face causing Bae to fall back to the ground.

Bae didn't get back up, meaning Felix is still undefeated. "And we have a winner" Pan yelled gesturing to Felix and the boys cheer.

I like Felix a lot, but he doesn't have to hurt everyone just because Pan says, I plan to confront him... but after I check to see if Bae's alright.

Felix POV-

That felt good, one of the best victories I've ever had... although it was an easy one.

I head out of camp, to the beach where Ari and I fish. I stand knee deep in the cool water. I close my eyes and think, my mind wondered to Ari, and how she's going to be upset with me for hurting her new friend, but I only did it to let out my anger and jealousy... I have Pan to thank and besides, I never a 'no' to a fight.

I haven't noticed that someone has joined me in the water until I heard a feminine voice, "you don't have to hurt everyone Pan tells you to, you do know that right?" Ari asked coming to stand beside me, I knew she'd me upset! "I wanted to hurt him" I reply casually, "why?" She asked confused... should I tell her?

I take a deep breath, "I love you" I whispered so quietly not even I heard myself, "sorry, what was that?" She asked softly, I let out a frustrated sigh and look at her in the eyes.

"For a while now" I started trying to find the words... I can't, so instead I cup her face in my palms and lean down to lock our lips.

I kiss her with passion and I feel her wrap her arm around me neck causing me to move my hands away from her face and wrap them around her waist, pulling her closer to me.

Once I break the kiss, I say "I love you" as I try to catch my breath, unexpectedly she leans in and whispers in my ear, "I love you too" this causes me to let out a huge smug smile.