Trouble I'm In

Off sighed for what felt like a hundredth time.

How the hell did he find himself in this situation?

This is the reason why he kept telling himself not to get involved on other people's business. He always gets the shorter end of the stick! He needs to stop being a saint and helping other people. It always doesn't end well for him.

He sighed, yet again, just as Zee came to join him at his table.

"What's up, bro? I could feel the dark aura around you all the way from the entrance of the building." Zee remarked as he sat down across the table from his friend. "What happened this time?"

"I don't know, man," Off answered, shaking his head. I'm so done with this shit. I have never been this stressed my whole life, he added internally.

"Is it about Mew?"

Off quickly lifted his head to look at his friend. "No? Uh, maybe?"

Zee snorted. "You are so obvious. What is it this time? I thought him and that boy Gulf are doing wonderful after that passionate weekend they spent together?"

Yeah, if only that was all that happened.. He mused. "It's complicated, Zee.."

"When is it ever not?"

True.. He agreed. "But I mean, this time, it's for real. Like, I'm serious."

Zee almost rolled his eyes. He didn't know his friend can be this dramatic. "I'm sure it's not that serious. Just tell me already what it is!"

"I can't tell you."

The other raised an eyebrow at his response. "And why not?"

Off sighed again. "Because it's not my story to tell. Anyway, I do need your opinion on something though."

"Okay, let's hear it. You have 10 minutes before my next class."

Ugh, why am I friends with you again? He almost answered back. "Okay, so let's say your friend's having trouble with his object of affection. Like, the person was pushing him away or something like that. Even though he was actually also attracted to your friend."

"Uh-huh." Mew, obviously. Zee thought to himself.

"So this friend comes complaining to you, clearly not understanding what to do or how to deal with this situation. And then.."

"And then..?"

Off gulped, clearly uncomfortable. "And then you suddenly overheard something about the other person. The reason why he was pushing your friend away.."

"..okay? So what's your question?"

"My question is.. Would you tell your friend what you overheard?"

"Of course, I would. I mean, it would be of great help to my friend."

"That's true," Off looked down on the table. If only it was that simple.. "But the reason is clearly something personal. Something you won't be comfortable sharing to other people just like that."

"Oh," Zee paused. What exactly did Off overhear about Gulf? "Well then, that is totally up to you, my friend."

Off gaped at his so-called friend. "Are you kidding me right now?"

Zee shook his head. "I am not. It's up to you if you think revealing this secret to your friend is the best possible option there is. Is the consequence of telling him better than the consequence of not telling him? Is telling him going to make both of their lives better? If not, then maybe you shouldn't."