The King, the Bishop, the Rook, and the Knight

Silence.

Mew hated nothing more than silence.

Especially when driving and with someone sitting on the passenger seat right next to him.

He never should've done what he did in that bar. Although he admits that he should've thought about it more carefully, he also believed it was truly crucial for their relationship to move forward.

But what's with this silence now? He groaned internally. He was definitely not expecting this. He was hoping they'd be more comfortable and open to each other after what he did. But this wasn't it.

Did he make a mistake again?

Gulf, on the other hand, was having a mental crisis of his own.

Something along the lines of, 'What am I doing in his car?', 'Why did I agree to him driving me home?', and 'Why am I alone with him?!'-

After the band's performance, everything happened so quickly. Like a movie fast-forwarded to all the interesting parts. One minute, the band was over by their table, drinking with him and his friends, and the next minute, he was in Mew's car, driving home.

Did I pass out, or something? He thought, horrified by the idea. He didn't think he drank that much, but then again, he has no idea about anything anymore. All he seemed to remember was that song that Mew sang to him.

Gulf blushed, yet again. He can't seem to help but feel self conscious every time he remembered that part of the night. He probably was too caught up in it still that he ended up agreeing to everything that Mew talked to him about.

What else did I say 'yes' to? He asked himself but honestly did not want to hear the answer.

Then Mew decided to finally clear his throat, interrupting the silence that enveloped him and Gulf.

"I forgot to ask," Mew started. "So how was it?"

Gulf momentarily froze. How was 'what'? He knew exactly what he meant but refused to think about it. "W-what do you mean?"

Mew briefly glanced at him and smirked. The younger one was clearly acting all shy and was fidgeting, not knowing how to answer his question. So he decided to play around with him, "I meant the drink I got you. Was it good?"

"Oh," Gulf turned his head to look at him, obviously surprised. "The drink..."

"Yes, the drink." He smirked. "Why, were you thinking of something else?"

Gulf blushed again for what felt like a hundreth time that day. "Nothing," he mumbled. He was clearly playing with him, judging from his sly smile. The nerve! After all he did tonight!

"I'm just playing with you," Mew finally yielded with a small laugh as he pulled into an empty parking space in front of the building entrance. 

"But jokes aside," Putting his car into 'park', he turned his full attention back to Gulf sitting on the seat beside him. "What did you think of the song?"

Gulf looked back at him like a deer caught in the headlights. The question, Mew's serious face, and the dark surroundings... It was all making him nervous, not to mention tongue-tied. He doesn't know how to answer this question. Being honest about his real feelings was not his specialty anymore. If anything, it was something he lacked the most.

Mew watched on as Gulf avoided his eyes and slightly turned his head away. If he didn't know any better, he would've interpreted this as a rejection. But he knew this boy was just having trouble with expressing his feelings. He was used to this reaction already.