Text Buddies

"Can I get your number?"

Gulf's heartbeat quickened as soon as he heard those words from Mew. His body paralyzed and all he could do was look straight ahead in astonishment. His mind was moving 5 km per hour, it seemed. Buffering, slowly processing the situation.

Mew moved back a little to look at the boy's face just to check if he was still breathing. Upon seeing his adorable dumbfounded face, he couldn't help but chuckle lightly, finally sitting back on his chair. "Why do you look so surprised? You really think I would be put off just because you rejected me once?"

Gulf blinked once and his mind suddenly kicked back into gear. This insufferable guy! Who does he think he is?! "How did you know I'm here?"

Mew smirked. "I have connections. You can't get rid of me that easily."

That Saint! He really doesn't live up to his name! I thought we were friends! How can he sell me out like this?!  He thought angrily. He will have a long chat with his friend later, but for now, he has to deal with this problem in front of him first. "Well, you're wasting your time here."

The older one just watched on as the other turned his attention back to his laptop, ignoring the fine specimen laid out in front of him. Gulf tried to look unbothered and nonchalant but deep inside, his heart was still wildly galloping around. Oh please be still, my heart!

"Really? I don't think so." Mew smiled at him, noticing his reddened neck and cheeks. He felt almost glad that he could at least affect him like this, urging him on. The boy looked adorable. "How come you're blushing then?"

Gulf looked back at him, flabbergasted and sputtering. "T-that's ridiculous! Who's blushing?!" He tried to look anywhere but Mew, wishing to be as pale as he was before. He hated how his body easily blushed! It always gave the wrong impression to people! "I just have good circulation. That's it!"

"Ah~" Mew nodded in mock agreement. "Is that so.." Alright, I figured as much. I knew I wouldn't be able to get your number just from asking you straight up. Then suddenly he remembered something that Zee mentioned to him before about Gulf. Zee said he heard Saint mumbling about how gullible Gulf is..

Mew's corner lip pulled up in a smirk and Gulf felt shivers down his spine. He looked so evil yet attractive at the same time. "How about this? Let's play a game. You win, I'll leave right now and never bother you ever again. But if I win, you have to give me your number."

Gulf was in deep thought. How did they get to this? Playing a game just to get his number? And why did he have to play his game? He shouldn't care about this or him at all... But then if he wins, then he won't have to worry about him ever again. All he had to do was win and then all of these would be over. He definitely will win! It's a gamble he has to take.

"You promise you won't bother me again if I win?"

Mew smiled sickeningly sweet. "I promise."

~.~

"What about this one?" Mild pushed his phone over to the person sitting next to him at their campus' cafeteria. "Doesn't it look fine?"

"No!" Gun passionately disagreed, earning an annoyed look from the other. "The color doesn't match, can't you see?!"

Mild rolled his eyes. This person was really hard to please when it came to fashion. "Okay, okay. Sorry, master. I'm going to leave it for you to decide then."

"Why would you leave it for me? Aren't you buying it for yourself?"

"Aaw? That's because you keep dismissing everything I'm showing you." He whined.