The Ex

"Bright?" Gulf whispered, his mouth agape from astonishment. Why was his ex back in Thailand?!

"Hey. Yeah, it's me." Bright answered with that small, boyish smile Gulf used to love so much. "How have you been?"

Gulf blinked. And blinked again. How has he been?! Well, first of all, the nerve of him to ask that question! And secondly, he was doing just fine! He was keeping away from the male species, partly thanks to this person, but he was okay. Never better, even!

"I'm okay." He replied, trying to look away from his ex's stare but then falling into Mew's serious ones. Has he always been looking at him?! All this time?

Gulf cleared his throat, trying to will away the awkwardness. "So, how come you're here in Thailand? Didn't you move to Canada for school?" He tried ignoring Mew but could still feel his hot stare on his face.

Bright's smile turned a tad bit sad, a look Gulf never liked on him. "Yeah, but I'm almost done now. I'm just doing my co-op internship here."

Why did you chose to do it here?? Gulf wanted to yell at him but thankfully decided against it. They were in a restaurant after all. Instead, he just put on an awkward fake smile. "That's, uhm, nice."

"Yeah.." Bright replied, careful. "Anyways, are you free-"

He was just about to ask if he was free after lunch when someone suddenly cleared their throat. Finally looking across the table from Gulf for the first time, Bright came face to face with none other than Mew who was sat back on his chair, arms crossed, face not looking so amused.

"Sorry, it didn't seem like I was gonna get introduced anytime soon but that's okay." Mew said, throwing a quick dark smirk at Gulf before addressing Bright again. "We're kind of in a middle of a lunch date though so I'd appreciate it if you could maybe, give us some privacy? I'm sure you're also busy, right?"

Gulf's face suddenly burned up. "P'Mew!" What was Mew thinking?! He was being too straightforward!

"Oh, is that so?" Bright glanced over at Gulf who found himself looking away in embarrassment. "Okay, my bad then. Enjoy the rest of your lunch. I'll message you later, Gulf."

Gulf nodded, not trusting his voice, and quickly waved a goodbye.

"Thanks," Mew replied, a satisfied smile on his face, knowing full well it was going to annoy the other guy before he turned away and left with heavy steps.

"P'Mew! You didn't have to say it like that!" Gulf scolded him as soon as Bright disappeared from their sight.

Mew grimaced. "Well, I was being ignored. And I especially hate being ignored by the person I like."

"W-well," The boy stuttered, trying to think of a good comeback but failed miserably. "Whatever. Let's just finish this lunch already." I can't wait to leave this place, he added in his head. 

"Whatever you say, babe~"

"Shut it!"

~.~

"Hey, my boy!" Off exclaimed, clapping Mew on the back. "I heard from Zee that you went on a lunch date, huh. So, how'd it go?"

Mew just clicked his tongue and shook his head.

Off quickly sat down beside his friend, all worried from his reaction. "What happened? You messed up? How? I thought you were better than that!"

Mew lightly pushed his friend away from him, who was currently invading his personal space. "It was going great, until a certain someone came to ruin the mood."