noetic

noetic (adj.) - of or associated with or requiring the use of the mind

Nash waited eagerly outside of the airport, tapping his foot against the pavement. Although it was below twenty outside, he stood outside of his running car waiting to greet his girlfriend as she came outside. He was filled with all different kinds of emotions since he found out she would be playing in Seattle. He was extremely proud of her after all the trauma she had gone through in high school. She had chased her dream and was now going to be living it out. However, a part of him was saddened at the fact she was going to be living across the country once again, and he felt selfish and guilty about it. He had hoped she would have been a little closer to home, such as Chicago or Louisville, so they would be able to spend more time together than they had over the last four years. Sure, he had also hoped to get to the professional level in the MLS or even overseas, and even so the big SuperDraft for the MLS was the following week, but he wanted more time with Samantha.

The feeling of love overtook the rest of his emotions when he saw her coming out of the glass doors of the airport, and she grinned, hopping up into his arms as she ran towards him. He spun her around then planted a kiss on her lips.

"I'm so proud of you." He said with a smile.

"I wouldn't have been there without you. I love you." She answered, giving him a smile of her own. "Come on, I wanna finally see your place."

"I gotta warn ya, living with three other guys in a house isn't exactly paradise." He chuckled as he took her duffel bag from her and put it in the backseat. He opened the door for her and she smiled, going ahead and sliding into the passenger seat.

"Maybe, but it's where you live, and I can't wait for you to show me around." She answered as he hung on the door, rolling his eyes.

"You grew up in Ann Arbor." He commented, and he watched her shrug her shoulders.

"I wanna see and hear about it from your perspective." She told him in a sincere voice, and he gave her a soft smile before closing the door. He jogged around the front to the other side and got into the driver's seat.

"Alright, before we head to the house though we're getting dinner." He bartered, and she chuckled.

"You've got yourself a deal. I'm starving."

--

She looked herself over in the mirror, her black tights covering her long legs and making up for the plaid skirt that went down to just above the knee. Although she was nervous for her first teaching gig, she was also excited and was blessed with the unexpected opportunity to be a substitute English teacher for the week at Port Austin High School, teaching ninth and tenth grade honors English. The original teacher had an unexpected family matter to take care of in Tennessee, which although was not the best situation, it gave her the chance to get her feet wet in the teaching world.

She arrived at the school an hour and a half early so she could get acquainted with the other staff members, get a crash course on how to use the school computer system, and the material they were learning. The initial teacher had left a guided lesson plan for her to go through for each grade for the entire week, which made things a little easier, and since she was an English teacher, she would actually be able to teach the material to the students. The ninth graders were going to be reading Romeo and Juliet, which happened to be one of her favorite Shakespearean plays. There were some reading question prompts, but other than reading for the week, that was about it. The tenth graders were also reading a Shakespearean class play, one that she herself loved in high school and read over again here and there - Macbeth. They too had only a couple of written responses, but their teacher gave both of her classes a light week. In the notes it was noted that if either class were to finish the reading, both DVDs were stored away in the filing cabinet in the back right corner of the class, and there were detailed instructions on how to work the DVD player. There were also instructions for how to set up the audible book, but she decided to disregard those instructions.