Where Kyung Can't Differentiate Between Apple Juice and Appletini and Oop-

Kyung knew he had heard the name before. He had just never given the person enough importance to care to remember.

But whoever this Nam Jaehyun was, just the mention of him had Jia on the edge.

She scrubbed the dining table harshly while muttering under her breath, and had nearly flung a tea cup at Kyung when he asked her where his socks had disappeared.

So he did the only thing he could think off and put on his coat and scarf (that still had traces of Jia's scent), and left for school. Maybe he could find out about this new character in the comic. Or the school records.

However, he ran into Namju and Dohwa before he could step into the library.

"Hey!" Dohwa waved at him as he approached the two, "Did you finally see our texts then?"

Kyung frowned, "What texts?"

He turned to an impassive looking Namju, "You're right. He is ignoring us."

Sighing, he said, "I'm not ignoring you. I just had a lot on my mind. Besides, I wasn't allowed to use my phone at dinner last night."

Namju blinked, "What dinner, your parents were at the party last night."

"With my grandparents."

"Your grandparents are dead."

"On my father's side—"

"Didn't they—"

Gritting his teeth, Kyung snapped, "Well, they aren't, okay? Just drop it."

He shrugged, "Sure."

☘☘☘

"I bought you guys presents even though I know you hate our yearly tradition!"

Tiredly, Namju looked across at Dohwa, who opened one of the shelves in their hideout, "Are these framed photographs of the three of us again?"

"You won't know until you open them!" He replied in a singsong voice, placing the wrapped gifts in front of his friends.

Kyung shared a look with Namju, "Yeah, they're framed photographs."

☘☘☘

Amidst their 'we-have-nothing-useful-to-talk-about-so-let's-all-stare-at-our-phones' time, Kyung casually brought up the name he had been a negligible amount of curious about.

"Who's Nam Jaehyun?"

Dohwa squinted at the ceiling, trying to remember, "I think he was a senior of ours? Two years ahead or something? Very handsome, or so I've heard."

"His father's an influential politician. Their family is close with mine." Namju offered. "He's studying somewhere in Europe but is home for his vacations. Why are you asking?"

If Kyung were to ask about how Nam Jaehyun was related to Jia, that would obviously raise a few eyebrows. He shook his head, "No reason."

"I've been meaning to ask." Dohwa leaned forward, eyeing the scarf Kyung had carefully draped on his armrest, "That's new. I thought you hated wearing scarves."

"I don't know who gave it to me." He shifted his eyes, lying, "I wore it because it was there."

The violinist peered closer, examining the pattern, "Looks hand-made."