Not a Lot Happens in This Chapter So Idk How It's 10K Words.

Not a Lot Happens in This Chapter So Idk How It's 10K Words.

Jia narrowed her eyes and stared at Kyung through the glass doors of the balcony. He was unaware that he was being watched while he continued to type something on his phone and compare it with his notes.

Pulling up her legs onto the chaise lounge chair, she asked Geumbi, "What do you think? Do you think I like him because I see him every day? That doesn't make sense. I see the security guard every day too. Or is it because he lives here and it's just my way of coping with having a flatmate? It's not possible for me to like him after avoiding exactly that all this while. I mean...sure, he's very pretty and sure, I've had only one or two explicit dreams about him but other than that...? Or wait. Is it because I keep reminding myself that he likes me and that he kissed me—"

"What are you doing?"

Kyung had slid the door open, staring questioningly at Jia as she fumbled over words.

"Geumbi and I are sunbathing." She lied and on queue, the black dog rolled on her stomach on the floor.

He casually looked up at the sky and she almost didn't hear him because she was admiring his jawline too intently, "There's no sun today. And it's colder."

The gears in her mind turned furiously, trying to think up another lie. She gestured at the ivy on the wall, "Plants. Plants are nice to look at. I was looking at plants."

"Look at your plants quietly, then." He replied, retreating back inside, "I'm trying to work and your mumbling is making it really hard for me to focus."

"Okay," Jia's eyes were glued to his back, "Sorry..."

I want to...touch him

She brought her palm up and smacked herself across the face.

☘☘☘

By the end of February, the final results of their eleventh grade were out.

"WHOAA!" Ahn Soochul, who had his face pressed up against the announcement board, exclaimed loudly and dramatically, "Yeo Juda and Baek Kyung ranked first. Oh Namju ranked second. And then Haru—has anyone wondered why he doesn't have a last na—"

Jia shoved him aside and began to search for her own name, starting from the bottom of the list. "Seventh." She mumbled, disappointed, "I ranked seventh...this makes me feel awful. Fricking bottle-specs is ranked higher than me." She cursed Park Mobeom and dragged her feet back to her friends who excitedly huddled together.

Aeil grabbed her by the shoulders and shook her vigorously, "Stop feeling so sad. We did amazing! Remember how we thought we'd have to repeat the year because we barely scraped past midterms? This is, like, a hundred times better."

That didn't make her feel better but well, her friends were happy so who was she to rain on their parade.

☘☘☘

Joonhyun shifted uncomfortably on the window sill, "I was worried that you might lose your inheritance but I'm so glad that you won."

"Is everything okay back at...?" Kyung couldn't bring himself to use the word 'home'. It had never been his home. Not after his mother had passed. Or maybe not even before that.

The younger boy nodded, albeit a little stiffly, "He was angry, of course, but I don't know what ticked him off more—not making it to the court or the fact that his car was in ruins. It was completely wrecked. I shouldn't say this," He snickered to himself, "But it was funny, the way everyone was running around while trying to figure out who it was. The CCTV in the neighbourhood had surprisingly stopped working and the garage door was malfunctioning as well."