Life is a Bottomless Pit and I'm FreeFalling, Screaming at the Top of My Lungs

Life is a Bottomless Pit and I'm Free Falling, Screaming at the Top of My Lungs

Clubbing didn't excite her anymore. She couldn't spend five minutes dancing without remembering that nothing she did mattered in the long run because she'd be dead (God bless Keynes). Or whatever was the equivalent of being dead in this weird world because she had read that stupid Trumpet Creeper comic and it had messed with her head, the way people had been recycled.

She couldn't even make out with some random schmuck without thinking of how she should just give up on her part time jobs and live like Hwan did — on their (adoptive) grandfather's money. But she didn't want to do that! She had no right on that money to begin with.

If her time was limited, then she wanted to spend every minute doing whatever the hell she wanted.

Like leaving the stupid club and spend time with Geumbi and play more Aveyond and learn the lyrics to every Nicki Minaj song in her playlist.

Live in the moment. Live in the moment. Live in the

Jia flopped down on one of the bar stools.

What will be the point of living in the moment anyway?

☘☘☘

She studied her ass off for her tests. So much that even Geumbi hovered around her in worry.

☘☘☘

Aeil and Aeri giggled excitedly as Baek Kyung strode down the corridor, coming straight towards them. Knowing that he wanted to talk to her specifically, Jia shook her head and began to shuffle away.

Did he find out about the KyungHaru pictures I've been selling? He'd kill me if he did.

"Kang Jia!" He called, much to the surprise of her friends.

She began to power walk and yelled back loudly, "Kang Jia died five years ago, may she rest in peace."

His booming voice made the other students flinch, "Come back here!"

"No! I've nothing left to say to you."

☘☘☘

Skipping class didn't bring her any joy as it did before the stupid comic had began. Grumbling to herself, Jia wandered around the school premises.

Only to run into Blondie.

"I saw you read the other comic." Thankfully he went straight to the point, "But you weren't in that story so why'd you read it?"

"Honestly, I thought it was a BL." She replied, "The story means nothing to me. Nor does whatever the hell Eun Danoh and Haru are up to. I know you're usually pissed about that but you can stop hogging me about it now. I'm not looking for guidance of any sorts."

He frowned, "I'm not trying to guide you. I'm trying to avoid the repeat of the last time."

"Yeah, well," She began to walk away, "You can rest assured that I'm not planning a coup against the Writer. Not that it's going to make any difference."

☘☘☘

Jia rubbed her chin, staring at the rows of books on the shelf. She had yet again dodged Baek Kyung and escaped to the library, knowing that this would be the last place he'd check.

Kang Jia wasn't known much for reading.

"Maybe I can change that," she mumbled to herself, eyeing the various titles, "Just because some people have a particular idea about me doesn't mean that I need to see myself that way."