Houston, This Guy Has So Many Problems, Oh My God, It's Not Even Funny.

"Wait, shit, how do I go about this?"

"So you admit you don't know what you're doing?"

"Shut up! I don't know what image you have of me — and I really don't care about it — but I don't spend my free time playing nurse."

"..."

"Uh, wait, let me...um...should I google this?... This says to check for concussion. Do you have a concussion?"

"How the fuck should I know?"

"Right. Okay. Um...how to...check for concussion—"

"Jesus."

"Okay. Do you know what your name is?"

"Lee Dohwa."

"...That's not funny."

☘☘☘

Jia had come very close smacking Baek Kyung with the rag cloth because he just. Wouldn't. Stop. Squirming.

"For the last time," She nearly ripped out her hair due to the frustration, "I'm not a doctor or a damn nurse. I can't bandage your stupid cuts with my eyes closed so I don't care that you sitting here without your shirt makes you uncomfortable. Suck it in!"

Was it too late to just stuff him in the store room and call the cops?

"How did the security guard even let you past the gates?"

"He was asleep. I feel sick."

"What?" Jia's eyes resembled saucers as she panicked, "No, no. No. No! Do not, under any circumstance, throw up on my rug or my couch. I got them on sale. Oh, god. Oh, fuck. I've never hated the layout of my apartment as much as I do now." Her hands hovered over Baek Kyung's shoulders awkwardly. "The...uh, the bathroom's on the first floor. Can you—can you stand? Ah, shit, you'll need help to climb the stairs."

The boy began to cough violently, clutching his chest. Jia backed away in horror, not wanting to stand in the way in case he puked.

"Look," He gasped once the coughing subsided, "I'm sorry. I—I don't like this anymore than you do. I—"

"Don't waste your breath." She slid an arm around his bare shoulders, making sure that she didn't touch the rather nasty looking cut on his back that she had bandaged, "Let's get you upstairs first." Baek Kyung helplessly clung to her as she pulled him to his feet as carefully as she could. "Geumbi, stay here." She called over her shoulder as she led her injured guest up the storage staircase and across the wide landing, down another short hallway.

Jia opened the only door on the left, ushering him inside, past the built-in closets. "I'm not going to follow you in. But. Don't puke in the sink or the bathtub." She threw in a 'please' just for the hell of it. "Yell...or, I don't know, call if you're...done. Or if you need help."

Using the edge of the countertop of the sink to maneuver, Baek Kyung said a weak 'okay'.

She hurried out as fast as she could, not wanting to be there to hear him throw up.

☘☘☘

If someone had told Jia that she'd spend her weekend night scrubbing bloodstains off her living room, with Baek Kyung's bloodied clothes in her washing machine while the boy himself puked in her bathroom, she would've directed them to the nearest psychiatric hospital.