Haru : A Hinderance (Also, Dohwa and Jia Get High With His Grandma)

"What are you doing here?"

Jia made a 'what the hell' gesture, "You came to my apartment. Obviously, I live here."

Haru turned his confused (and all the other synonyms of 'confused' because there could be no measure of the boy's befuddlement) gaze at Kyung, who stood behind the sofa with crossed arms, and asked "Then what are you doing here?"

"I live here too."

"Why?"

Kyung's scowl deepened with the stupidity of the question, "Because I do. Now, if your delicate feet are warm enough, you can leave."

Jia had made Haru take his wet shoes and socks off, and sit with the kotatsu blanket over his legs and boy, was Kyung pissed off at the way his evening had turned out. The oversized jackass can't even go through a lifetime without meddling with my relationships.

The unwelcome guest had spent a lot of time staring between Kyung and Jia, and then at the brick walls and the photo frames and Geumbi (Kyung didn't like it that she had taken to him so quickly), trying to grasp what he had walked into. He hadn't really been offered an explanation as to why, of all the people on the planet, Kang Jia was living with Baek Kyung. (Not like they owed him an explanation in the first place).

Haru looked extremely embarrassed and fidgeted with his fingers in his lap, "Well...about that..."

☘☘☘

He had been too busy working multiple jobs at once to notice the deteriorating state of his modest apartment. By the time Haru had realized it, the water from the plumbing had begun to seep into the walls of the bathroom and the faucets were leaking. He had labelled it as a minor issue and took it upon himself to tighten a screw or two because so far, it had worked.

A stupid decision, really.

There was no easy way to say it. His attempts had been cataclysmic. The pipes had burst. The walls had exploded. The apartment had flooded. And Haru was left wondering how the hell it had happened when all he had done was twist a spanner. He had gathered whatever belongings he could find that weren't floating or submerged, shoved them in a bag, and went to find his landlord.

The man gave him an earful because he had been unfortunate enough to live in the unit under Haru's.

"Rain doesn't happen inside houses, boy." The bald man screeched, placing buckets under his dripping ceiling, "But you made the impossible possible—in the middle of freakin' winter! Now, beat it! Go, find a place to sleep for a few days while I fix this very expensive disaster that you've caused."

He couldn't go to Danoh's. Her father would probably hunt him down for even thinking about wanting to stay with her. (The man still had some reservations about his daughter dating an unknown boy on scholarship with not a penny to his name, regardless of the fact that the boy was a darling).

He had just missed Dohwa by a couple of minutes. Dohwa and his family, with the exception of his elder brother, had gone to meet the grandparents for a day or two.

Oh Namju? His name hadn't even occurred to Haru until he thought of Yeo Juda and assumed that the male lead would most likely strangle him for going to his girlfriend to ask for a place to stay.

He didn't know where the rest of the boys from his class lived and the security guards at school had kicked him out, quite unkindly, when he had tried to explain that he wanted to sleep in the infirmary.