My Life Is a Mess Right Now and I Compulsively Take Care of Other People...

My Life Is a Mess Right Now and I Compulsively Take Care of Other People When I Don't Know How to Take Care of Myself

"Jia, put the sweatshirt back."

She hid her bag behind her back, "No. Good things happen to me when I wear it." Kyung had caught her just as she had tiptoed out of his room to follow Dohwa as everyone began to leave.

He scowled at her, "It's mine."

"Not anymore." She snickered and hurried after Dohwa down the narrow corridor to the foyer. "Hey," she nudged him, "I'll drop you home."

"Hmm? Won't it be a longer route for you?" He looked over his shoulder to glance at Kyung, who trailed after the tired group with his hands in his pockets.

"I'm actually heading over to grandpa's," Jia told him, "he hasn't been feeling well so Siwon and I are going to stay with him for a few weeks."

He tilted his head, impressed, "That's surprisingly nice of you." She let out a dry laugh. Dohwa leaned closer so that Kyung couldn't hear them, "Tell me honestly, what did you do?" At her questioning look, he whispered, "You and Danoh were gone for quite some time. What were you two—"

Jia had stopped paying attention to the conversation. She was instead looking at Joonhyun who had just come back from seeing his friends off. The boy glanced at her casually while stopping to talk to Namju. Jia fixed her crooked glasses and inconspicuously shot him a thumbs up.

Dohwa gasped beside her, "No, you didn't! Jia!"

She shushed him, "Shut up, will you? I'll fill you in about it later."

"About what?" Kyung asked as they filed out the front door.

"Nothing." They chimed in unison.

☘☘☘

"Where are you going?" Namju frowned as Kyung followed them out with a sour look on his face.

He glanced away, "For a walk."

Eun Danoh looked at him suspiciously. "Like that?" She gestured at his outfit—a maroon button-down shirt and dark checkered trousers.

"Mind your business." He replied flatly. She clicked her tongue and made a face at him.

"This was fun!" Juda grinned, looping her arm around Namju's as she turned to Kyung, "Thanks for having us over—"

"It's not like I had a choice." Kyung interrupted her monotonously.

"—we should do this again."

"No."

She giggled as she and Namju waved them good night. They strode down the street, hand in hand, talking in low voices, and disappeared at the turn.

Dohwa thrust out his hand in front of Jia. "Car keys." He said. "I'm gonna go sit in the car and wait since you'll obviously take a long time."

Jia made a face, discreetly moving out of the CCTV camera's coverage while she handed Dohwa the keys, "Just how low is your opinion of me?"

"Quite low," He answered, distracted, and gestured at Haru and Danoh, "We should get going too, guys. See you at school, Kyung." He waved. "Hey, where'd you park the car?"

Kyung mumbled a 'yeah' as Jia said, "Just around that turn. Hang on! I'm not dropping your buddies—"

"Yeah, yeah." He cut her off as the trio left.