ᴇxᴛʀᴀ ɪ: Jia in Trumpet Creeper-Land

ᴇxᴛʀᴀ ɪ: Jia in Trumpet Creeper-Land

Kyung sat by the bed in the infirmary with a petrified look on his face. He couldn't pay attention to the way Dohwa was panicking. How could he when he had just been told that Jia had collapsed in the library and that they couldn't find a heartbeat?

"One—one moment, we were talking," Dohwa cried, "And then that green portal opened up behind her and someone bumped into her by accident and—" He inhaled shakily, "Kyung, what do we do?"

He couldn't bring himself to touch her. She wasn't breathing and neither could Kyung.

Why?

"It's been twenty minutes and she still hasn't woken up," Dohwa nudged him, "Hey, are you listening—"

Why why why why

☘☘☘

Jia was screaming as she fell. The light at the end of the tunnel or the portal or whatever the fuck it was that she was falling through was nearing. She screwed her eyes shut and braced for impact, cursing at how it was always her who had to go down the slide to who knew where.

She crashed onto someone again. Groaning in pain, Jia opened her eyes and sighed in relief, "Oh, thank fuck. It's you. I thought I was going to end up somewhere else again." She pushed herself up, hands on either side of Kyung's head, "How long was I gone this time? Some jackass pushed me through the—are you...wearing a ponytail?"

She couldn't help but stare wide-eyed at the person lying under her. Furious, narrowed eyes. Weirdly long hair. The collar of his out-of-time clothing was a shiny gold contrasting his black and maroon robes.

This version of Kyung, whoever he was, bared his teeth at her and roared, "Get off this instant!"

She stumbled away from him, greatly alarmed.

"What..." Jia mumbled, looking around to notice that she was definitely not in the time where she belonged. She staggered to her feet, looking around what looked like one of the rooms she had seen during their school trip to the cultural village. "Is this... a palace?"

There was a dagger pointing at her throat when she turned. Jia immediately put her hands up, "Can you not do that? Please?"

"Who are you?" not-her-Kyung threatened, "How did you get past my guard? How did you get in here?"

The corners of her mouth stretched, showing her displeasure, "Did you seriously not see me fall through the—hold on a second." She pushed his hand aside and leaned in closer, examining his face, "Jesus f—I'm in Trumpet Creeper, aren't I? I mean, I should've known by what you're wearing but—"

He shoved the dagger forward, into her abdomen, and twisted it. Jia flinched, screwing her eyes shut as a lengthy shriek escaped her.

But there was no pain.

Jia slowly peeked down at her stomach to find that while she could only see the hilt of the blade, the steel had gone through through her body. There was no flesh wound. There was no blood. Almost as if not-her-Kyung had stabbed the stupid dagger in the air.

Unsurprisingly, not-her-Kyung had the same perplexed expression as she did.

He retracted his hand, and the dagger by default, and stabbed her again only to see the same results. His wide eyes met hers.

Jia tilted her head sideways, "Now that's just rude."

☘☘☘

Turns out that while not-her-Kyung couldn't touch her, she could. Him and everything else.