Chapter 7

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

I climb the stairs as slowly as I can.
My mood still sour.
Whay can not he like me? Like, really really like me. Not like he usually like others. But really–wait, why do I want him to like me anyway?
Well, I admit that I am a little taken with him. Very little though. Very very little. But still, it is–
"What are you doing there?" I snap my head up and look at Krishn.

How long have I been standing in front of his door like a fool? Wait, he asked something.

"Oh, um, i-its aunt Yashoda. She told me to bring you downstairs, to help in arranging the things. The furnitures." I look at his messy hair and the adorable look he is sporting. Oh how I want to squeeze his smooth cheeks! He lifts up his right hand and for one moment I think that he's going to squeeze my cheeks. But he uses the hand to rub the back of his neck.

"Oh." He sighs and starts walking. I follow suit.

»»--♡--««

After a while Balraam notices me. "Radha! Can you take these chairs and stools to your parents room?" He asks.

"Of course." I give him a smile.

I pick a chair and proceed to the said room. While I hear aunt Yashoda say from behind me, "Krishn. Go help Radha. Poor girl, have to take those things on her own."

I smile to myself. This is what he had been avoiding since we came downstairs.
I look over my shoulder to see him carrying a chair and a stool-like table.

We place them in the room and then come back silently.
He then quickly starts carrying other things with Balraam.

"Radha, take this too." Ma places a cushioned stools with built-in drawers in front of me.
It looks a bit big but is not that heavy. I can carry it myself. But I have a better idea.

Just as it is only me, aunt Yashoda and Krishn & aunt Yashoda have her hands full, I say, "Aunt Yashoda, I need a little help with carrying this." I point at the stool.

"Krishn." She says and points towards me with her chin.

Krishn scowls at first, then looks at the stool and the understanding dawns upon him that it might really be heavy.

The moment he picks it up, he backs away a little, as he had expected it to be heavy and realises that it actually is not. He then looks at me curiously. I just put my hand on the other side of the stool, schooling my expression in indifference.

»»--♡--««

We place it in the assigned room.
"I thought you did not want to spend time with me?" He asks curiously.

"You thought right."

"Then why did you ask me to carry this with you when you could have carried it yourself?"

"Well, this is work. That stool os big, I needed help. Besides, I asked aunt Yashoda for help. Not you."

"Are you really using that excuse?"

"'Tis not an excuse." I say. And I must admit, the incredulous expression looks good on him. Well, everything looks good on him.

I can not keep from smiling anymore. So I give him one of my crooked smiles and come out of the room quickly.

Being with him does things. Something familiar. Like déjà vu.

»»--♡--««

The day goes on like that. And I seem to find ... reasons to keep Krishn with me, to annoy him maybe? I do not know.
It is fine to be with him when there is a reason for it, right?
Like carrying those things.

Right?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya