Chapter 9

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

The soothing melody stops as Krishn lowers the flute from his lips.

"Now now, can you really stay away from me? You can not." He spreads his hands and gives me an innocent smile.

I sit down on the grass and glower at him while breathing heavily due to the long distance I just ran.

He speaks again when I continue to glower at him, "I can bring you to me whenever I want."

"Where is all this coming from?" I finally ask after slightly calming nerves.

"You said that you do not want me near you."

"I did not say that."

"Not exactly. But you meant the same." He states and I stay silent. Because he is right.

"Nothing to say? Well, you are still not close enough. Maybe I should play the flute again." He says and brings the flute to his mouth again.

My breath hitches at his words. "Wait!" I stop him.

"Now we are talking." He lowers the flute the again.

I...wasn't feeling good at that time. Emotionally." Well, this is the truth. And this is all he will be getting.

"Well, as you already know now, you can not stay away from me. Never." His gaze on me intensifies.

"You dragged me here in the middle of the night just to prove your point?" I exclaim outrageously.

"You came willingly though. You wanted to come."

"This is beyond belief."

"Oh really? Beyond belief? Shall I 'prove' my point again?" He hovers overs on the grass. Too close. I try to crawl away, only to slam my back lightly on a tree, reminding me that we are in a forest.

"N-no. I believe you." I manage to squeak.
"Very good." He gets up and slowly walks away with a faint melody of his flute. Only soothing this time.

So soothing. I want to fall asleep again. And I do just that.

»»--♡--««

"Radha? Radha!" I wake up with a jolt and come face to face with Lalita & Vishakha.

"Oh, it's you." I sigh and rub the sleep away. For a moment I thought that dreaming something like that dream from last night.

"Why are you here? Sleeping in the middle of the forest?" Vishakha asks.

"Well...I came here to, uh, explore, you know, new place and all." I don't know what to tell them of last night's events when I barely understand all that myself, at least the events before I came here, that is. And the things that happened after that, sends shivers up my spine.

"At night?" Lalita asks this time, disbelief written all over their faces.

"Well...well...not at night but still dawn and then I might have fallen asleep..." I try again.

They stare at me skeptically, still not believing.
"I will tell you later. Long story." I finally say, sighing and they look somewhat pleased.

Suddenly my eyes land on some things behind them. Woah...
I look around standing up.

"What now?" They ask.

"Mango trees! So many mango trees!" I exclaim in joy. I love mangoes! When it comes to mangoes and curd, I am biased.

"Yeah, we already saw that in our way here. Now let us explore some more." Lalita says.

"We should return home then. Ma will make aam-ras for us!" I propose.

"Yes, first aam-ras this summer. But before that, shall we taste some mangoes here now?" Tunga asks, filling her arms with mangoes.

"No no no no. First aam-ras." Chitra says.

"Okay then, let us go to her." Vishakha states.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Aam-ras = Mango juice.

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya