Chapter 19

Copyright © tiyashidas123

--- --- ---

I turn again on my bed. I have been awake for a long time. I should probably get up now. And help mother with work or something. I get up slowly.
I fold the blankets and tidy up the bedsheet and pillows.

"Radha" A small voice calls from the door to my bedchamber. I turn around.
Revati.
Of course. How did I possibly forget about her?

"Come" I invite her inside the room and we sit in the balcony around the little garden. The railings sour my mood again. By I focus on Revati first.

"Maybe I should not have come here like this." She says looking far away at the forest.

"What do you want to say by should not have come here? Where else would you go?" I say. It is not like she knows anyone here other than me and Lalita, Vishakha. And, err, dau.
"I mean, how will we tell everyone about how I came here? They will think of us as maniacs." She says, picking at the corner of the table and looking a little pensive.

"We will say that you are someone Vishakha knows of, and you will be staying with us for the time being. All true." I say. This will be perfect. We will say that as long as the new houses take to be built, she will stay here as Vishakha's house is small.
And we still do not know what dau made of the things he heard yesternight.
Revati ponders about the idea for a little and then nods.
I take her downstairs and introduce her to mother and aunt Yashoda.
And then I take her to the chamber she will be staying in.
As I am coming out of her bed chamber after showing the everything, she clutches my hands, "Radha"

I turn towards her. "What happened? Are you okay?"

"I-please do not tell him what my father said" She says.

"What do you mean to say?"

"Do not tell him what my father said. About him, um, Balraam marrying me part, I mean. I thankful enough that I could come out of the cave. I do not wish of anything more. Although I miss my father. Who knows how he is now." She worries.

"Okay, I will not tell dau. If he asks anything about yesterday night, I will send him to you." I say after a while.

She widens her eyes at what I said but then nods, "okay".

"And I know you miss your father and it will take time for you to get used to here. But your father shall be alright in the cave. Much happier now that you got to get out of the cave as you were while going in" And found dau. I do not voice the dau part.
"You are right. And when you will go for bathing? Take me with you?" She asks.

"We will go now. Come."

"Okay. Also, can I borrow some of your clothes?"

"Sure. Wait downstairs, I will come with our clothes" I say as I go to fetch the clothes.

It is good to go and bath early. I do not want to meet her there. I do not know what will I say to her. If she is there then I will have to speak to her or it will be rude as she is obviously new.

"Let us go"

Me and Revati go towards the river to bath.

Let her not be there. I do not want to cry again.

"Krishn"

"You came?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't forget to vote!
And do say if you have any confusion.

Stay safe.

Thank you.
Tiya ♡